Chapter 11

Nathan's POV

I was so happy to see her again but... She wasn't right, she wasn't the girl I met that night. She sounded like her, she kind of acted like her too but she didn't look like her, she was thin and sickly. I shouldn't really care about her, she was just one more girl in a sea of fans but she was Bus Stop Girl, the one thing in my life that stayed constant, that never had time to mess up or use me. And I really shouldn't be so determined to figure her out and to help her. But I am and I know exactly why. I've always had a bit of a crush on her. The boys always teased me about her but she was perfect in my mind. Over time, the memory of her was polished and perfected by my head to make her... Flawless. But now I've seen her again... She was far from perfect really, she had issues, I'm not being mean or anything but all I wanted to do is hug her, kiss her, give her some food and tell her it'll be okay because I'll protect her from anything and you don't want to do that to perfect people. 

When she walked out of the room to talk on the phone... I just had to follow her, I had to listen in and see what was going on. Believe me, I hate your personal privacy being invaded more than anyone. I loathe people that meddle with your life but I couldn't help myself... She sounded so afraid, so fragile. Whoever this Alex was, he was hurting her and the thought of it made my blood boil. She begged him not to hurt her and it terrified me just thinking of whoever it was beating her up. Alex... Boyfriend or Dad? I needed to know... But the thing that got to me the most is that she lied to me, she told me it was her mum but I knew it wasn't. I couldn't let her leave like that because... I cared about her. Hell, I loved her. No... I like her. No... Do I really love her? Shit, yep I'm in love with a girl who's already got a boyfriend.

I grabbed her wrist and her face crumpled like it was bruised or broken before, maybe it was but I just tightened my grip on her, not letting her go to him. When I asked her for her number, she froze like a rabbit in the headlights and panicked but I got her Twitter in the end and I couldn't wait to see her, that is... If she'll meet me. 

I couldn't have hated Siva more that day, for dropping that bomb on us that it was the Make Out Couch, so I gave him the silent treatment on the way back in his car... Yes, to be fair I've taken a few girls back there, once in a little while when I got stressed and kinda flipped out a bit but I stopped that when I got a reputation with the press of being a player. But I definitely wasn't going to do anything like that with Lexi, she was too... Lexi, I guess. 

"So, who she is?" 

"Bus stop- Lexi, her name is Lexi." I stopped myself, I should really stop calling her that

"Did I hear Bus stop, as in the bus stop girl? Oh mate! You finally found her! The girl with curly black hair that fell just the right way. The girl whose eyes could pierce through you. The girl who was the prettiest girl you've ever seen." Siva mocked, exaggerating the things I said about her.

I nodded shyly

"Seriously? So are you two going to get together?" He exclaimed, obviously happy for me.

"She already has a boyfriend..."

"Aw mate, that sucks. Maybe you could be friends?"

"I might see her tomorrow."

"See? Friends!"

"I can't!"

"And why is that?" Siva said, his mood deflated and he sounded annoyed

"I think I'm in love with her..."

"Oh... I always figured you'd fall fast for a girl and well... That's a heapload of crap you've got yourself into. Just try the friend thing." He inhaled quickly before patting my back.

"Mate, I can't! When I look at her I just want to kiss her and..." Siva sighed and looked at me like he understood, maybe he tried it with Stevie and look at them now, they can't keep their hands off of each other!

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly DM'd her, I kept refreshing the page over and over again, praying for an answer. Then I saw it.

Where? I must have started smiling like a mad man because Jay nudged me in the car, I shook my head and waiting for more. She sounded annoyed and reluctant but I was so excited. 

"I'm meeting bus stop girl tomorrow!" I exclaimed.

"The legendary bus stop girl? Shock, horror! What are you going to do?" He gasped melodramatically.

"I'm going to pick her up from the bus stop and then take her to this really quiet, hidden coffee shop where my friend Nurul works, we went school together and we were really close. I like to catch up with her there, you know?" Jay stared at me for a minute

"Forgetting something?"

"Shit! I can't drive! How am I supposed to take her anywhere?" Idiot... I pushed my hand through my hair and thought

"Two words. Big. Kev." I picked up my phone instantaniously

"Kev. I need a ride tomorrow."