Chapter 22

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. Haha, but in other unrelated news, NATHAN TWEETED ME THIS WEEK! In his words: @LauraFarrell24 incorrect, we are the only reason HE is alive ;) #ifonlyyouknew xx EAP! Anyway! Here's your really crap chapter but it needed to happen.

EAP Just noticed 8,000 views... How did that happen? Thank you!

Nathan's POV

Okay... I didn't mean to say that I love Lexi. It just kind of slipped out. I didn't even know if I did or not. I thought I did. I mean I really really liked her but love? Hell I hardly knew anything about her. But when she kissed me it was like someone lighted a firework inside of me and I knew for sure that I did. I love Lexi with all my heart. I don't know why and I don't care why, I just want to see her happy and I want to be the person that makes her be happy. I couldn't help but think that I was taking advantage of her, I mean she was fragile and now I feel incredibly guilty and unsure...

Lexi's POV

The boys each pulled up a chair around me and honestly I can't remember a point in the last few years that I've laughed this much, to be honest these boys have probably made me laugh more in a few days than Alex or my Mum ever have. I honestly felt appreciated, Max even called me the little sister he never really wanted but is kind of glad he has... I took it as a compliment. Tom made me cringe about the dirty things he says, Jay makes me laugh at the witty things he says, Siva makes me smile when he's being all cute, Max makes me laugh with his crap yet hilarious Dad jokes and Nathan... Well he makes feel like I'm actually worth something to someone and that's something I need right now to make me stick around a bit longer than I had planned and yes that does mean suicide. I had started planning it a few weeks ago because when your life isn't worth a damn then there's really no need to continue it but Nathan he's stopped me and when I think about it and if I know it might make him the tiniest bit sad then I just can't do it to him. So I won't... For as long as he's interested but I won't tell him because he'll think he has to care and stay with me and I don't want him to just be around because he thinks he has to.

Nikki walked in, she smiled at Jay and he winked cheekily then she remembered why she was here. 

"Hi Lexi. The police are here, they just want to question you about the injury."

"W-What?" This is news to me, I immediately started shaking. He's going to kill me. He'll kill me. He'll kill me.

"I thought I was going to do it." Nathan looked really annoyed, I shot a look at him. He knew about this? Nikki sighed and opened the door a little wider unveiling a male and female officer.

"We're sorry Mr Sykes. It was wrong for Officer Stone to say it was a possibility. This is a police matter and we don't want any of Miss Greene's answers to be influenced by yourself and your friends." What he hell is he blabbering on about? Officer Stone? Nathan talked to the police?

"But-" Nathan protested

"Mr Sykes, we're going to have to ask you and your friends to leave." The woman said. The boys rose from their chairs apart from Nathan who stayed at my side.

"Mr Sykes, you really must leave."

"But I don't want to leave her alone!" He exclaimed, gripping my hand so tightly it hurt

"It's alright Nathan, I can stay. I can stay right?" Nikki said, smiling sweetly at me. 

"Well... You are not included in the accused so yes, yes you may." The female officer said (Jenna), the male officer (Robert) shot her a glare but she indicated to me, shaking in my bed and he nodded allowing it. Nathan looked at me apologetically and I smiled weakly, a form of 'it's okay'. He got up and left reluctantly and Nikki slid into the seat next to me and squeezed my hand reassuringly