Chapter 26

Heyoooo. New chapter whoo! This is pretty dramatic so hold onto your hats! It's been a while since anything has happened and I don't know what you think but I feel like it's really boring, but here's a dramatic chapter finally!!!

"I still can't believe you talked me into this." Nathan sighed as I fixed his Superman hat. When I said Nathan had to do a gig to be forgiven properly he wasn't the happiest guy in the world. It kind of went against what he hoped for but I said why not? I mean Alex didn't know I was with Nathan according to the police and he'd started moping around because he wanted to perform again and today's as good as any.

"Yeah well I can be quite persuasive." I said, walking away slightly.

"Yeah I know you can. Come here." Nathan said cheekily then he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me closer to him and planted a kiss on my lips then I kissed him back.

"Love you." I said randomly. Me and Nath decided to only say it on special occasions because after a while its meaning seems to mean less and less, plus it gets a bit cheesy like a crappy movie or romance novel (the irony!).I don't really know why I said it. You know when they say patients with terminal illnesses know when it's their time to go? I guess it's like that but I'm not saying any more, you'll hear about that later...

"I love you too Lex." He said, kissing my cheek again. He seemed as confused as I was at the time but took no more notice.

"I've got to go now." He said quickly then he stared down at his feet. I could tell he was trying to act reluctant to go but I could see the fire in his eyes that burned to get back onto the stage and I couldn't deprive him of doing his true passion.

"Excited?" I asked, smiling. I think I was excited as he was.

"Soooooo excited." He smiled giddily, doing a funny little dance.

"It's what you were born to do." I said, squeezing his side then pushing him towards the boys. I gave each of them a high five, Jay picked me up and swung me around a bit and then I left. Or at least they thought I had. I hid behind the wall and watched them have a big group hug, reunited again. I knew I had done the right thing.

I watched them from the side of the stage and Nathan completely owned it. The crowd was rocking and it was literally the best I'd ever seen him. And the boys were amazing too obviously. Jay had improved on his drum skills and the crowd all jumped in time to the beats he produced. Tom, Siva and Max did an impressive guitar trio solo which went down amazingly well with the crowd. And of course Nathan's vocals in I Found You were epic and the entire arena fell silent so they could listen to him properly.

They had a 20 minute interval which is longer than usual because they decided that they needed time to chill for a bit instead of a mad dash to get ready then to run from one side of the arena to the other so that they could go through the crowd and onto the stage. Now they got changed calmly, walked to the other side of the arena, had time to sit for a bit or get a drink and then they went through the crowd.

"Nathan you did so well!" I shouted when I saw him then I ran up and jumped on him, wrapping my legs around him.

"Thank you! God I've missed performing!" He said, jumping up and down despite me still being on him. I have, and I'm sure fans have as well, noticed that when Nathan's on stage he is very confident unlike his off stage quiet, awkward self. I could feel his heart racing, the adrenaline pumping through his body. He looked away thoughtfully for a second then turned his head back to me, a cheeky smile appeared across his face and he kissed me passionately for a few minutes. All my thoughts melted away and I continued with it.

"Whoa! Down boy!" Tom cheered.

"What's gotten into you mister?" I laughed, slapping him on the arm when I finally pulled away.

"Thank you for convincing me to perform again. Plus you weren't complaining!" He said, winking.

"No I was not." I said, hopping down to the floor.

"NATHAN!" Jay yelled, looking around for him.

"Are you done? Or are you just going to carry her down and continue because we really have to go?" Siva asked teasingly. I blushed crimson with embarrassment.

"I'm going to go out and get some air. You go! Enjoy yourself!" I said, pushing him towards Siva. Siva linked arms with him and dragged him down the corridor, waving happily at me.

I went over to a chair and picked up my abandoned, oversized, purple cardigan and pulled it on. So comfortable.

"Hey Ted. I'm going to go outside for a little bit. Be back in a few." I said while high-fiving the security guy by the back door.

"Cool. Call me if you need me."

"I doubt I will but thanks!"

I wandered up the road. I could see they boys' tour bus in the distance but outside there was just an old, wooden bench and a long road that stretched out. I was alone apart from one man, who wore a large coat and hat however apart from that I couldn't make out any more features, and a single car which I imagined belonged to the man. The man was walking down the path and towards me so I decided to start heading up the path just so I could do something for a while. When our paths crossed, I tripped up slightly, I think it must have been a loose piece of pavement although I didn't see it, and bumped into him.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" The man nodded and continued on wards. I felt something hit my leg, looked down and saw a wallet lying on the floor. By the time I looked back up again, he was opening the back door of his car.

"Excuse me!" I shouted, attempting to get his attention but he didn't look up so I ran down the street after him.

"Excuse me!" I stood in front of the car and he finally looked up so I assumed he was short of hearing.

"Is this your wallet?" I asked, holding it up so he could see it.

"Oh yes. Thank you." I was hit with a sense of familiarity but couldn't put my finger on what it was. He reached forwards and took the wallet from my hand, I turned to walk away but he clamped his hand down on my wrist and pulled me down into the car.

"What do you think you're doing? You can't just pull people into your car like that!" I tried the door but it was locked. There was a driver in the front seat and he slid down into the seat next to me, clicked his fingers and the driver turned on the engine.

"Let me out!" I shouted, desperately pushing the door.

"Well?" The man next to me hadn't spoken still. He turned slowly and took of his hat and pulled down on the zip of his coat.

"Oh my God."