Chapter 24

Sup kids! Fun fact: I have a Canadian citizenship despite never ever being to Canada...

Nathan's POV

"Canada?" She asked.

"Yeah why not? I have a friend who can definitely sort something for us." Justin Bieber to be precise. We're quite good friends and he has a lot of connections and I bet he can get us somewhere we'll never been seen. So I called him up. Turns out, under his palace of a house there's an underground bunker built in World War two to protect the government and other important people if there was bombings and he was more than happy to restock the cupboards with food and clothes for us, pretty cool if you ask me. When I told Lexi, she was rather shocked that I could have sorted something out so soon but I managed to focus her so that we could pack up everything we needed into one suitcase each. Surprising really but I didn't need anything fancy so I just brought the basics, the essentials and a hat for comfort, I can go nowhere without a hat. I called up the boys. I was nervous about what they would think but mainly because I didn't want to leave them. I've been around them constantly for around 4 years and now I have to go... 

"We're going to Canada for a while." I announced, they all looked a mixture of things: shock, disappointed, sadness, relief, confusion and understanding.

"Oh Nath, we're going to miss you. Call us yeah?" Max said, enveloping me in a hug.

"I wish we could come with you Nath." Jay sighed.

"Come back soon mate. I'm not used to not seeing you every day." Tom said hugging me too.

"You do what's best mate and come back when it's safe. Don't put Lexi or yourself in danger." Siva said.

"Look after these guys won't you?" I asked the girls who all nodded then hugged me. We were really like a big family, we argued but we always made up, we told each other everything and we could always talk to someone. And now I felt like I was leaving them, I knew they'd be alright without me but I didn't know if I could cope without them. I'm sure they'd all come with me if they could but Siva has to plan his wedding, Taraf and Nikki have to stay in England for a job so Max and Jay want to stay with them and Tom is planning some more stuff for his clothing line. 

"I wish you didn't have to go." Jay said, a tear rolling down his face. Jaythan is strong and it broke my heart to see him that way. I felt guilty...

"It's probably for the best with everything going on plus one member of TW is more discreet than 5." I chuckled, my sadness obvious despite my attempts to disguise it. I knew Lexi felt guilty for making the band have a time out and us going to Canada but I genuinely think it's the best option and all I want is for her to be safe and happy and if that means I'm stuck underground for a while then so be it. I just want what's best for her.

We drove to the warehouse because it was quicker than waiting for our things to be delivered and I picked out some clothes I'd never been seen in to minimise the risk of being spotted. I phoned the police and gave them our address in Canada then they transferred the details to the Canadian police service. They told me that we'd done the best thing since Alex had been spotted about half an hour away from where we were. I was scared for the boys but the police had informed them but everyone had already gone back to me and Jay's place and the tour bus sent back into storage for the time being. They believe Alex had put a tracking device into Lexi's phone and they hacked into the technology used to track her and it was basic and only gave an approximate location. We drove to the police station and gave them her phone to destroy and then we got the quickest plane out of the country, I thought we'd have a few more days to stick around initially but there was no time. I called my family, they were shocked but thought it was cute that I was protecting her. 

The flight was exhausting, turns out Lexi had never been on a plane. She was trembling like crazy, restless and jittery for the whole journey. 

"Hey, it's fine, it's fine." I said reassuringly.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She blurted out quickly as I took her hand.

"Do what?"

"Give up everything to help one, messed up girl." I sighed, looking down.

"You are not messed up. Don't say that ever again. Do you hear me?" I said firmly, she looked slightly afraid but knew I meant it lovingly. She fell asleep soon after that and it relieved a bit of pressure because it was one less thing to worry about. She started trembling like a leaf and I figured she was having a nightmare but it made my heart sink at the thought of her being scared again.

Lexi's POV

"You really thought I wouldn't find you and lover boy here?" Alex's voice boomed. Nathan was lying on the ground unconscious, bleeding in several places. I leaned down to help him but Alex kicked me away and pulled my up by the collar of my shirt. 

"Lexi, Lexi, Lexi you really aren't a smart girl are you? You've really disappointed me this time."

"I-I'm sorry." I whimpered.

"I'm getting tired of you now. Maybe it's best if I just finish you."

"You mean finish us?" I asked curiously.

"Oh no. If I can't have you no one can. You're going to die bitch." He clamped his hands around my neck and crushed it. I was dying. As the last bit of oxygen escaped my lungs, I felt my body shutting down...

I woke up from my nightmare. I was trembling uncontrollably and Nathan had his arms wrapped around me to calm me down

"I-I'm scared."

"I know baby. I'll protect you." He whispered, kissing my head.