Chapter 25

Hey people! I'm sorry there's been no update, I've been away on holiday but because since I'm such a dedicated writer to you guys, I brought my laptop with me and typed it all up on Word because there was no WIFI! J Sorry this chapter isn't very good or interesting but the next two chapters are rather eventful so please be patient with me.

It had been 2 weeks. To be honest it had felt like 2 years. The police had been in regular contact with us and Alex had not been spotted at all. At first I was thrilled because that meant maybe he'd given up but then I realised it was worse. If he'd been spotted then the police could have arrested him but now he's free to do what he wants. Maybe he's just sat there waiting for me but maybe he's given up. I just have to hope the last option is true.

Although I'm kind of glad that we've been down here for so long because me and Nathan are closer than ever and without the threat of Alex bursting through the room, I've been a lot more relaxed and we've been able to connect more as a couple. I mean, I'd prefer not to be in this situation but there are some benefits at least. However since it's such an intense environment and he's literally the only person I've seen for 2 weeks (apart from Dan the delivery guy, who goes through an intensive 5 locked door every week to give us food, clean clothes and stuff), we argue a lot... And I mean a lot and it's over stupid things like singing in the wrong key or getting in the way. Eventually I think everyone gets sick of seeing the same person and having the same conversations but thankfully I'm stuck here with Nathan and if we argue we make up with each other.

Last month, I woke up early and accidentally walked into something so it woke him up and he full on screamed at me. To be fair, he was shattered and it was four in the morning but it was uncalled for. In the end, he had stormed off to the other side of the underground area and left me to cry for a while. 10 minutes later he came over with a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows which he knew cheered me up and a blanket. He apologised and I decided to accept because I can't stay mad at him plus it was just his way of venting his anger and frustration and if that makes me target practice then so be it, there's not much I can do about it anyway. He pulled the blanket over us both and we cuddled and chatted until we fell asleep.

Now, we're kind of just bored. Nathan sings constantly and I can tell that he desperately needs to perform again, it's what he was born to do and even though he won't admit it he needs to get back on stage. I called the police and they saw no reason why Nathan couldn't contact the boys again but I however could not speak to them in case the calls were hacked into. The police officer was kind and called the boys up to tell them that we would call and not to mention me. I decided to surprise Nathan and I called them without telling him just when he was about to wake up and put them on loud speaker.

"HELLO!" They all shouted which made Nathan wake up with a start.

"What? What's happening?" He murmured in a deep, sleepy voice. I held the phone up to him and he took it.

"Hey Nath." Jay said, his voice wavered slightly. Seriously, Jaythan is real.

"I've missed you guys!" He smiled his face lighted up like a Christmas tree.

"Good to hear you again mate." Max added.

"I've been writing some songs while I've been out here and mate, we could definitely get a new album out soon with the amount of material I have ready." Nathan said excitedly and the boys whooped and cheered as they obviously shared his enthusiasm.

I decided to leave so that they had some privacy but also because of the guilt gnawing at me because I was the reason that the boys were separated and the reason that Nathan had to stop performing and the reason why the fans are upset. Me. It's all me.

Half an hour later Nathan appeared out of his bedroom looking melancholy even though he'd plastered a fake smile across his face.

"What's up?" I asked, running over to him and hugging him.

"Management said the boys have to start doing gigs again. Without me. They're telling the fans that it's voice problems again." He ran a shaky hand through his hair. I knew it was killing him: lying to the fans and just not performing.

"Yeah well whatever. I don't care. I'm going to my room." He said grumpily, crossing his arms over his chest and leaving the room.

"Why don't you do a gig?" I asked.

"What? Are you serious? After all this you want to just throw it away?" His face turned red with anger as he shouted at me.

"Yeah well I never asked you to do anything. I was fine by myself." I yelled back at him, equally as furious.

"Have you even heard yourself? You probably would have died if you spent any longer round that lunatic!" He laughed with shock as he spat it at me.

"Oh get lost Nathan!" I said, rushing towards him and pushing him.

"After everything I've done for you are seriously throwing it back in my face?" He screeched.

"I never asked you to do anything!" I repeated. He became increasingly angry and he pushed me into a wall and knocked me onto the floor. My spine tingled slightly with the impact but it was nothing to worry about although I was cautious because of my injury. I looked up and saw Alex not Nathan and I scuttled backwards using my hands and feet in fear. Something made the imaginary mask crack and I saw Nathan again. His face was contorted with sadness and disappointment and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Oh my God! Lexi. You know I didn't mean it! I didn't mean it! I'm sorry! I was just angry! I'm sorry!" He said, helping me over to a chair.

"I know. I know you didn't mean it." And it's true. After everything that has happened this month, I know Nathan would never do anything to hurt me.

"Even still... What can I do to make it up to you?" He said, staring down at his feet, ashamed.

"Do a gig."

Hey guys! I have written the next chapter but I won't update now because I want to give myself time to write more chapters because when I go back to school I won't have time anymore. So if I can get at least 150 views on this chapter, at least 5 votes and at least 5 comments I'll update if the next chapter is ready and it's been at least 2 days.J But that should be fine because I get about that on each chapter normally anyway. So just make sure to vote, comment and promote J Thank you for your patience!