Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

Flashback

I was on my way to Manchester to meet up with Max to do some writing. I hadn't quite learned how to deal with fans quite yet, it made me feel awkward. They wanted me to be perfect but I really didn't know what I was doing, I'm nothing special. I saw a girl with a TW shirt on and I don't know why but I darted onto a bus and pulled my hat down over my face, I didn't even know where it went

"Where to?"

"Erm... End of the line. Please." I said to the bus driver who reluctantly gave me a ticket, I guess I was being shifty, not knowing where the bus went to and having a hat basically covering my entire face. I ended up in a small town about 30 minutes away from Liverpool, I found a bus shelter and I just hopped into it, It was old and long abandoned. Perfect. I sat down on a creaky bench that seemed less stable than Jay when he's drunk and called Tom, who was already staying with Max, and asked his to pick me up but he said he'd be a while. It was frankly a pretty boring night until she turned up.

She ran in, her dark black curls were soaked and her top was too. She slumped down on the bench, obviously unaware that I was there, as she fiddled with her top which was pretty much see through. Not a bad way to make a guys day better, I've got to say. She looked around and noticed me and jumped. She looked me up and down and I adjusted myself, trying to work the dark in my favour. It was beyond awkward

"Cool shoes, did you buy them?" She asked me, her voice was soft and flowed like honey.

"Well, kinda. I bought them a while ago but they looked scruffy. I didn't want to get rid of them so I started carrying around these pens."I said, unsure of what to say and pulled my pens out of my pocket..

"I travel a lot, so I got them filled out pretty quickly. It's pretty cool having a reminder of everywhere I've been."

"That's so cool! I would love to travel!"

"It's not that great. I miss home a lot... And my mum... Sorry, why am I even telling you this? I'll catch a taxi or something." She was the type of person who could make you say things, who'd make you want to as well. She was just... Unbelievably real and she didn't seem to want to be anything different, I could just tell that about her. I felt embarrassed and decided it would just be best to leave.

"No! I mean, wait! You'll get soaked!" She shouted, following me outside into the cold, fumbling over her words.

It was tipping it down! I faced away, not wanting the street lamp to show who I am. In my head, a voice was saying, stop being paranoid, no one knows who you are and no one wants to either but I couldn't risk it, not anymore.

"Come in or I'll stay out here with you!" She said firmly, imitating me by crossing her arms.

"Alright! Come on, you'll get hypothermia or something!" She was impossible for a stranger, why does she even care?

We went inside and she was shivering slightly so I passed her my jacket. I knew it was warm and she slipped her arms in slowly and smiled to herself.

"Is this yours?" I said, picking up a book that was on the floor, she must have dropped it when she ran out. It was a drawing of me. It really did look like me, probably better than me too.

"Wow. This is really cool! You like The Wanted then?" She smiled proudly like a lioness who'd seen her cubs first kill.

"Yeah, they're awesome, do you?" This is my dream girl. She's amazing and she even likes my music.

"They're alright. The little one's a pain in the ass though." I said, she laughed, I don't really know why, maybe she knew it was me.

She looked at my shoes in thought, her curls falling across her face, she tucked them behind her ears unveiling beautiful, green eyes.

"Can I draw something?"

"Sure!" I passed her my markers and put my less filled up shoe up on the bench. She picked up a brown pen and drew a bus shelter with a cartoon version of her waving out the door.

It was quite funny and cute so I laughed

"Awesome!"

My phone buzzed

I'm outside, get your butt to the car-Tom

"Crap"

I didn't want to go, I don't know why but I just... liked her.

"Sorry gotta go." I stood up and ran outside, towards Tom's new Land Rover.

"Wait, your jacket!" She called after me.

"Keep it!" I said, partly not wanting Tom to make a fuss as to why a girl had my jacket in the first place and partly wanting her to just have it.

"Who was that?"

"Bus stop girl."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The concert:

The gig looked good, the Manchester crowd was always excited to have the lads back home

Siva's surprise was well... A surprise. It would be safe to say that they had had a few problems lately. Stevie basically had a melt down and just got sick of never seeing Siva and the constant rumors that he was cheating on her. But I guess they worked it out, good thing too, they were perfect together and the fans loved her, not forgetting Siva.

Then I saw her. Bus stop girl in the crowd. She looked different to say the least. She was smiling like she hadn't been happy in a while, she was so thin and her skin that was once a cute pale colour was now a sickly white with tinges of purple.

We have an agreement, me and the lads, and I have to pick the little kids out of the crowd. In the 15 minute break to go change, I kicked on my converse, hoping it might help her remember me

"Tom!"

"What?"

"If I tell you to pick someone, will you?"

"I don't know mate, point her out when we're on, yeah?"

I sighed.

Tom picked her though, in the end. She looked even happier on stage with Tom but I got fed up and signaled for Tom to move so I could go over. I quickly grabbed the backstage pass that I'd swiped from a security guard and wrote Bus stop girl x-Nathan on it

"Having fun?" She nodded.

"Good! Me too!" I said smiling.

The song was coming to the end and I hadn't figured out a way to slip her the pass so I decided to be bold. I put my arm around her shoulder as I finished the song, then slipped my arm lower to her waist and put it in her pocket. She looked up at me, confused but I just smiled at her as she was ushered away.

Bus stop girl. She's changed.