Chapter 41

Not many chapters left wow. You'd think it would all be action packed but like this chapter and the next two are fillers... I don't want it to be over (even though there's a sequel) but I'm looking forward to selecting completed for the first time!

I personally think this chapter's a bit boring, agree or disagree? Let me know!

I've not been able to get on a computer so sorry if there's any mistakes!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 49K! (I posted this this morning and I can now say thank you for 50K wowowowowowowowowowowowow did not expect to ever say that)

Remember to vote, comment, share and fan!

Nathan's POV:

I awoke to the feeling of a hand tightly gripping my wrist to the point where it felt painful. Once I had regained my consciousness, I began to open my eyes. I looked up and found myself gasp at the sight of Lexi, I had forgotten that she had woken up and that I must have stayed there for however long I had been asleep for. She was looking down at me with fear in her eyes, she was utterly terrified and she was shaking again. I looked up and saw the oh too familiar uniforms of two police officers, I had surprisingly not met them in particular before but I felt comfortable around them after all this time. Lexi however was clearly not.

"Good morning Miss Greene. How are you feeling today?" The male police officer asked, he seemed in high spirits and of a good nature. He smiled at here but she did not return the smile, she was genuinely petrified. I smiled at the man to try and cover up for her seemingly bad manners and he smiled back at me before returning his attention back to Lexi, who he was clearly here for.

"I'm f-fine." Lexi said, she was still shaking and clearly uncomfortable and nervous. Her hand still gripped my wrist and I imagined it would bruise however I didn't want to say anything.

"My name is Sandra and this is Terry and we're here to ask you some questions regarding your kidnapping. We understand that this is a sensitive topic and we will only ask questions that we need to ask. Although Alex is no longer a threat, it is still necessary for us to collect all information so that he can be charged officially and it's needed for our records." The woman explained and I could feel Lexi freeze. I felt torn, on one hand I wanted to know what she had been through in order to be able to help her but on the other hand I didn't want to know what vile things that monster did to her. I could tell that she didn't want to think about it either but it didn't seem like she had a choice in the matter.

"But h-he's gone. I just want to forget about it." She said, relief flashed across her face when she said the first sentence. The police officers looked rather regretful and saddened, they probably didn't want to ask or know either but it was their job and they too had no choice.

"We understand that currently it feels painful to relive what has happened but a lot of people say that it's a lot off their mind and it's relatively therapeutic to have other people knowing. We wouldn't ask unless we needed to know and I'm afraid this is just a situation where we need the facts." They explained, Lexi bowed her head and then nodded, a silent, single tear rolled down her cheek. I leaned forward and wiped it off with my thumb, she looked up at me with glassy eyes and gave me the saddest and smallest of smiles.

"Can I have a moment alone with Lexi before you start?" I said once I had finally turned my attention back towards the police officers who had politely given us a moment.

"Of course." Sandra replied after a moment of hesitation then they both exited the room quietly and shut the door. I doubted that they would give us much time but I needed to calm Lexi down so that she could do this.