Chapter 29

• Dedicated to everyone who stuck with me

Oh my god I'm so so sorry. I know I've not updated in forever and there's no real excuse for this but I've had a ton of homework and I've just not had any time to just sit and write anything :( Erm 18,000 views... What????? Amazing!

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

I will now be updating once every 2 weeks. But if you're reading my other fic two that means you'll get one update a week. So it'll alternate: two shoes one week, you're hurting me from inside of my head the next. I know it sucks but I'm a slow writer and it is stupid of me really to even attempt to update each fic once a week because this year is so hectic. Please please stick with me because I definitely will finish this story with... *drum roll please* a possibility of a sequel and yes I have planned it and yes I am excited to write it. So please stick with me because I want to keep writing but I need you guys to do it. Please understand! :) x

Tom's POV

I walked off stage with Jay and we went in search of the boys. Poor Nathan. Sometimes I forget how vulnerable he is, you see him on stage and I just think yeah he's fine and then something will happen to him and he'll just break down. And it breaks my heart knowing everything he's had to go through in his life and he's such a great lad, he doesn't deserve it. We walked around for a while then found Max and Siva arguing inside a room.

"Where Nath?" Jay asked, looking around the room and noticing that he was not there.

"He's just through there." said a confused Tom, pointing to the door we just came through.

"No he's not, we just walked past and he isn't there." Jay blurted out then ran his hands through his lion mane of hair.

"What? Oh God."

"Don't panic yet he could have just gone to get some food or something." Siva said rationally.

"Yeah right." Max muttered under his breathe. Siva opened his mouth as if to shout at him for being so harsh and blunt but quickly stopped himself because he knew it was what we were all thinking. Then I began to panic. I knew Nathan like the back of my hand and he would be hurting right now. I sighed loudly in annoyance. Why did we have to be in Canada? If we were in the UK I'd pretty much know exactly where he'd be but since we're here I have no idea. Then again... I took off running out of the room, I didn't know outside the arena that well but I certainly knew the inside of it since we've performed here quite a few times and my memory is excellent.

"TOM WAIT!" I heard Jay shouting then I heard a clamor of feet running after me. I took a sharp left and found myself in the toilets.

"Nath?" I said quietly, probably because I knew there was no chance he'd be here. I kicked open each of the stalls but there was no one in there. When I got to the final stall I did the same thing, I turned around to leave again when something caught my eye. I looked back at the stall and my eyes were drawn to the floor. I crouched down to get a better look. Small droplets of blood lay across the floor and next to it was a discarded piece of glass.

"Oh God." I whispered shakily. I heard footsteps behind me, I turned and saw the boys. Jay looked down at the blood and left the room quickly in attempt to hide his emotions. Siva looked off into the distance, Max went red slightly and his eyes watered.

"Max baby?" We all looked up and the girls were stood by the door. Max ran over and wrapped his arms around Tari and cried on her shoulder.

"We heard about N-... What happened." Stevie croaked. She pulled Siva into a hug and snapped him out of his daydream. Nikki left the room and appeared minutes later with a sobbing Jay. I'd never felt so alone. Even though I was surrounded by people, they all had people to comfort them but I had no one. I had a girlfriend when the band started but we starting touring and I just kind of stopped caring about her and just did my own thing. It sounds harsh now looking back and I know I hurt her but I wasn't thinking like that at the time. I've not had a girlfriend since, I have felt lonely at times but never as bad as this. Every time I looked up all I saw was couples and then I was reminded of the fact that no one loves me.