Chapter 43

EEEEKK only one more chapter (and a note) left! ASDFGHJKL I don't want it to be over! Although there is a sequel so I suppose it's not a big deal...

And I do realise that today is the day that TW begin their break which is heartbreaking but just so you know, the sequel is set 2 years later and I have made it so TW are back by then so it will still majorly feature the boys. 

Remember to vote, comment, share and fan! x

Nathan's POV

"Is there anything you would like to do today?" I asked her. It was Lexi's second full day of being at mine and Jay's flat. On the first day, we'd gotten in near the end of the day and she just locked herself in the room. She came out once I ordered her to so that she would eat something but she didn't eat anything therefore she was only obliged to sit with me for a few minutes. On the first full day, she seemed to not want to cross me and therefore came out of her room in the early hours of the morning and sat silently for hours upon end. I didn't know what to do with her so I just put Ice Age on, we'd watched it together a while ago and she seemed to enjoy it. It was a good day, I thought, then again I hadn't had many good days lately so even just simple, mundane activities were a change and a joy to me.

"No." She replied simply. I let out an exasperated sigh, how I wished she would elaborate or just reply with more than a few words. She looked at me and tensed, she thought that she was disappointing me and she was evidently terrified of what my reaction would be. 

"There must be something." I continued, I knew that prodding her verbally to continue to speak was risky since she didn't really want to talk in the first place but I wanted an answer of some kind. I really didn't care what we were doing, we could go shopping for all I care but I wanted Lexi to choose so it didn't feel like I was controlling things, I wanted her to speak her mind and maker her own decisions. 

"I'll do what you're doing." She said, that answer was almost as bad as her last one. I wish she'd get it into her head that she didn't have to please me, in fact I'd be glad if she spoke out against me.

"Lexi, come on! We'll do whatever you want to do, just say the word." I explained, I knew that I was beginning to sound desperate and I hated it.

"C-Can we just stay inside?" She stuttered. Generally, I couldn't tell if she was afraid or not but as soon as I mentioned going out of the flat, she would shake and stammer. Obviously, she was afraid of strangers or potentially seeing Alex or any friends of his even though I assured her that that wouldn't not happen.

"Of course we can." I said, plastering a semi-fake, semi-genuine smile across my face.

Of course I want her to be comfortable and I personally like spending alone time with her because it means we can get rid of the awkwardness and the silence quicker. However today I had been invited down to a few radio stations to do some promotion for Two Shoes. If I was at home with Lexi then I could not do that. Two Shoes' publicity team that I'd quickly formed advised me to go anyway, it needed the media attention. I told them to line up a substitute for myself even though they'd said that I was technically the face of the company and it would be best for me to go. I needed to get back to them by the end of the hour and now I knew my answer would be no.

"Right then. I realised that we kind of skipped the whole 'here's my life story' part of a relationsh- friendship I mean." We had been sat in silence for a few minutes now and what I would say had been stirring in my mind in that time. Although clearly I hadn't planned out what I was going to say as I made the mistake of saying 'relationship', well almost anyway. Her eyes widened ever so slightly when I said the word and I immediately knew I'd have to take it back.