Chapter 34

I updated ermahgerd! I think we've all been waiting for the past about 8 parts for this and I'm so glad to finally get this out there and have something exciting to write about!.

RIGHT. YOU. YES YOU, YOU SILENT READER.

YOU NEED TO COMMENT AND VOTE.

Nathan's POV

The five minutes it took for the police to turn up went agonisingly slowly. At each moment I could feel myself getting more and more tense and nervous. I could hardly stand it. I sat outside on the floor, rested my head on my hands and attempted to calm myself down. I couldn't help but think about what could be happening inside that house and it was driving me insane. Every second counted, I was aware of that. I didn't know what state she would be in when I found her but I would try my hardest to do my best by her.

The boys had all arrived which was comforting in a way but they had been told that they couldn't go in with me despite their protests that it could be 'too much'. I understand though and I'm almost glad, glad that I could be the one that found her and saw her but I'm also terrified that she won't be... Yeah.

The police officer I had spoken to before approached me and told me that they were heading in, they gave me a bulletproof vest and told me that if there was a man in a room to press the little button on my jacket to alert the officers to come to my location. They all started piling into the building and I suddenly realised how strange it was. It just looked like a nice little house in the middle of nowhere, nothing special or somewhere you'd take someone who you kidnapped but then again, I suppose that was the point. I followed them in and they dispersed in all directions but I just continued forward because I didn't think any other direction held any more clues than the one in front of me. I continued forward and walked into a kitchen space; it looked like a show room in it's pristine cleanliness. I opened the fridge but there was nothing in there, I searched the cupboards and they were simply filled with a few things that wouldn't expire for a long time. I began to wonder whether we were in the right place.

There were two doorways in the room, I opened the first door and in it was an ironing board, a washing machine and a tumble dryer. I was growing increasingly more anxious and frustrated. I opened the second door and saw a set of stairs that led down into a basement like area. Clueless as to what I should do, I walked down the stairs, careful to make very little noise and peered around the corner. It was a small room, I noticed with a chair in the centre of it. And upon that chair was a body and another body lied on the floor next to it. My heart was racing now, pounding furiously inside of my chest. I stepped forwards cautiously until I could finally identify the bodies.

On the floor was a man who was clutching a dagger in his hand and his throat was slit. I wondered who the man was for a second and pitied him. Then I realised that there was only really one man that it could be, one man who realised that he had no time to escape and took his own life because his other alternative was a life in jail. The man was Alex. An intense shot of anger pulsed through me but that feeling swiftly passed as I remembered why I was really here.

In the chair was Lexi. I wanted to run to her but seeing her paralysed me and I couldn't move. She was covered in blood, more blood than I had ever seen and her clothes were torn. It was shocking and disgusting, she was covered in bruises, cuts and scratches and my heart felt pained just seeing her like that. I couldn't tell of she was breathing and that scared me. After another moment of taking in the state she was in, I finally convinced myself to move.

"Lexi? It's Nathan, I'm here, it's okay now. I found you, it's okay, I promise." I said, my voice was shaking as I stepped closer and closer. I wasn't entirely sure who I was trying to convince, myself or her but I then figured that what I was saying would work either way. I suddenly remembered the button on my jacket and pressed it, immediately wishing I hadn't in case Lexi was okay and I could speak to her without being interrupted. It was a selfish thought, I know, she would need medical attention and I should want her to have it but all I wanted was her to myself.