Chapter 42

Thanks for 53K!

I have written the next two chapters (including the final chapter) and jesus they are emotional. They will be posted once every two weeks because I have exams and don't have time to start writing the sequel. I'd prefer to update normally than not update for a longer time period and get stressed out because I don't have time to write. Bear with me, only this chapter and 2 more until it's over! Then the sequel Love Sewn begins!

Remember to vote, comment, share, fan and check out my other works!

1 week later

Lexi was getting discharged today. I asked the girls to go shopping and buy her clothes and other girl stuff so that she had something to change into and something to call her own. I could tell that she was reluctant to take the clothes when I thrust them into her hands and told her to get changed but she eventually caved in. She could hardly walk out in the street in a hospital gown, could she?

I was so excited to have her somewhere comfortable and private where we could really talk and bond. I knew she was scared of being alone with me so I guess there was a downside to going back to mine and Jay's flat but I was still excited.

"Are you excited?" I asked Lexi, I knew her answer would either be disappointing or a lie but I felt like it was difficult to talk to her normally so I tried to make stupid conversation frequently.

"I guess." She replied, it wasn't an entirely truthful answer but at least she wasn't pretending to be to please me because that would mean that she was very scared of me.

Even though she was practically fully recovered, I didn't like letting her do very much because it might be painful or strenuous for her. Therefore I packed up her very few items into a small bag that the girls had bought for her. Whilst I was doing that, Lexi just watched me in confusion as if she couldn't fathom as to why I would do something for her.

After I had finished packing, Mariam entered the room, she gave me a friendly, quick hug before asking if she could have a moment alone with Lexi to speak about something. I of course agreed and stepped outside. I noticed that I could hear parts of their conversation from outside the room and curiosity got the better of me. Before I knew it, I found myself pressing my ear against the wall and eavesdropping on what they were saying.

"Are you sure you're ready to be discharged? We can keep you in for longer if you feel like you need it." Mariam asked, she sounded caring but I felt bitterness stab through me. Mariam knew how much I wanted to take Lexi home and have some normality. She knew how much I longed for some alone time yet she was suggesting that she stayed within the hospital, I felt betrayed.

"No. Nathan wants me to go with him." I could hear her sigh. Is that the only reason why she agreed to go home with me, because she knows I wanted to? I wasn't sure if it was out of love or fear that she had agreed to it but it was beginning to worry me.

"You don't have to do what he wants you to." Mariam reassured her, there was tension in her voice as if she wasn't sure what to say. We had grown close over recent months so I imagined that it would be difficult to go against my wishes so strongly.

"Yes I do." She said plainly, there was nothing doubting or hesitant about the way that she said it. Alex had made her submissive and scared and I knew it would take a lot of time and effort before she began to speak her mind and say no to me. 

"You know Nathan would never hurt you." Mariam said comfortingly. I was glad that she said it because I wanted to burst into the room and say the same thing but then it would become clear that I had been listening.