Chapter 31

HELLO THERE! After a bit of a sad last chapter here's one that will hopefully make you all pleased with me... Or will it? Sorry it isn't as long as I'd wanted :(

Lexi's POV (I know right, finally!)

Time has passed, that much I know. How much has passes I am not sure of. At the start I counted the days, the hours even the minutes sometimes but I soon realised that I had passed out a lot due to blood loss and I had no chance of getting the actual date right so it was all a big waste of time. I'm sure if anyone imagined themselves in my situation, they wouldn't give a monkey's derrière about what day it is but it's something to think about, I suppose instead of wallowing in my own misery and pain. There's no point in thinking about ways to escape because it's fairly obvious that I have no chance of doing that. Just because I had faith in Nathan to be doing his best doesn't mean that I think he had any chance of finding me. I'm going to die here. It's a funny thing, facing your own mortality and yet being completely ready for your life to end. That's what I want, I want to die but Alex won't even allow me that. It sounds strange but I almost pity him, he's obviously suffering from psychological problems. His mood changes, he's deluded, he's violent, he's obviously messed up. He thinks I love him... And it makes me want to throw up every time I say it but I always say I love him too, it makes him happier, it means he won't hurt me as much and I'll do anything to stop that. His name carved into my arm has faded, it is very faint now however I tried to preserve my Nathan one. I pick open the cut every so often just in case he finds me one day and I'm gone, he'll still be able to see that I cared about him and that he was never forgotten.

It has been hell quite frankly, I'm covered in scars and scabs in every possible area. It's gotten better I think, now that he knows that I'm not going anywhere but he still makes sure to 'punish' me every day in the most horrendous ways possible, the thought alone is enough to make your skin crawl so I shall not go into detail...

I used to let my mind wonder and I think about what could have been. I imagined me and Nathan together, getting married, having children and growing old together. However now, my thoughts are more realistic and I try to imagine seeing him again, knowing I probably never will but since imagining is all I have, it'll do.

It wasn't long into the day (I think) before Alex waltzed into the room, regarding me with a smile. I looked down at my bruised, starved, skeletal body, blood stained clothes and wondered what he saw in me in that crazy head of his. I was pathetic, I was ill, even if he offered me food I wouldn't be able to eat it. He has ruined me.

"Good morning sweetie." I grimaced slightly when he said 'sweetie', like he was a normal boyfriend and not a kidnapping, abusive, psychopathic man. I had to do the best I could to disguise it, which worked apparently because it was clear he suspected nothing, I was happy in his mind.

"Hi Alex." I said hoarsely, he shouts at me if I speak when he's not in the room, he thinks I'm trying to call for someone so when you hardly use your voice it sounds strange and unused. I looked up at him and my happy mask cracked as I looked at him in disgust and terror.

"You're not happy." He noticed, his smile turning into a stare of anger in a split second. My hands began to tremble and I smiled desperately to convince him otherwise.

"Of course I am, I'm with you!" The words tasted repulsive in my mouth but I forgave myself as I knew I was making things better for myself.

"Oh baby I just want to make you happy. How can I do that? You still like music don't you? I could request a song on the radio if you want?" I sighed internally, wondering why he could ever think that one lousy song on the radio would make me happy. Then I had an idea...

"Yes please baby." I smiled.

Nathan's POV

Things have been going... Better I think. I've not hurt myself in a week and the boys are really proud of me. My Mum is too but she had to go home now and I can't thank her enough for saving me. I'm coming to terms with thinking that Lexi is a bit of a lost cause now but that doesn't mean I have given up because a little part of me will always be searching for her and what could have been if things went our way for once. I sat in bed thinking about many things: when I should get out of bed, what my growling stomach would like to eat this morning, how long it would be until I had to go back to work, whether the fans had abandoned me for not contacting them... The boys had said that I had voice issues again, the fans expected the others to continue but management agreed that the boys needed to be around to support me through this, also Siva needed to plan his wedding with Stevie who is really excited about it all. I'm also quite happy about it, they always make an effort to include me in the decision making so I always had something to take my mind off things... In the end I decided to get up and get some food, anything else could wait for the time being.

"Morning Nath." Jay chirped as I entered the living area, delighted that I hadn't returned to hibernation in my room.

"Mornin! Cuppa?" All the boys had moved back in and all of them quickly raised their hands and smiled. Not only that but the girls had flown in as well, including Sabz who Tom had been secretly dating for a while now. They all also raised their hands as did all the crew too. I sighed realising that you should never ask that question to a room full of English people because 99% of the time they want some tea. I pointed to each person and counted... 14 cups of tea. This was going to be a challenge.

"I'll help you Nath." Stevie smiled and I returned the smile because it would have been rather annoying having to make about 7 trips into the kitchen and back.

I walked into the kitchen with her, turned on the kettle and got all the cups set up. Stevie jumped up onto a free counter and sat on it, twisting her engagement ring around on her finger.

"How you feeling?" She asked, to begin with the questions were all concerned, as if they were walking on egg shells however now they are more casual but necessary to ask just in case I ever felt down. I make sure to tell them if I am now anyway.

"Alright I suppose. Better." I smiled, pouring the water into 7 cups then turning the kettle back on.

"Good." She smiled back, taking some of the cups into the other room, I did the same and followed her in. The boys were sat either on the couch or on the floor with their girlfriends with the radio playing in the background.

Okay, we have a caller. Hello caller what song would you like on?

Can you play 'Thanks For The Memories' by Fall out Boy please? (Listen to it, it's such an amazing song!) A males voice spoke and my smile dropped slightly when I remembered that Lexi said that was her favourite song but I quickly pushed any thought of her out of my head in order to keep my spirits up. I handed out some tea then turned to go back to make some more when something caught my attention

HELP! MY NAME IS LEXI GREENE PLEASE HELP ME! I turned around quickly, the boys all staring at me. Lexi... She's alive. I felt elated but terrified at the same time. I couldn't believe it... The police had told me so many times that the chances that she was alive were very small but there she was, still fighting.

Shut up! The male's voice hissed, it must be Alex, that evil little bast-... Then there was the sound of a slap and a whimper. My fists clenched automatically, my nails dug into my skin and I felt more relaxed. Max caught my gaze and gave me a warning stare. I couldn't figure out why but then realised and then unclenched my fists and wiped my hands on a tissue.

Help... Lexi cried just before the phone disconnected and it broke my heart.

I was stood, mouth open with my hands trembling slightly in shock. Tom stared at me for a second before a look of realisation sprang onto his face then he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm calling the police." He announced before hitting some buttons, holding the phone to his ear and walking out.

"I'll call the radio station, maybe the police can track the call?" Siva suggested before doing the same as Tom.

"That sounds possible. Maybe they'll find her Nath." Jay smiled and so did I. My hope was increasingly being restored. Jay pulled me into a quick hug which was so reassuring.

"Do you honestly think they'll find her?" I asked, staring down at the floor.

"Oh I don't know... I think it'll help them so I think there's more a chance but I don't know Nath. Don't get your hopes up too much. How do you feel about it?" That's what I loved about Jay, nothing is ever sugar coated it's the truth and that's the best thing for me.

"I feel like I finally have hope, even if it's only the smallest thing but it's hope."

TAADDDAAAAAAHHH.

Please remember to VOTE, and COMMENT and I will love you if you PROMOTE.

See you in 2 weeks (I update every two weeks remember) :D xxx <3