Chapter 3

1 week later

I didn't do much that week. I called my teacher at college and told her I was too ill to come to college, but I would do my work at home... Just so I didn't see him. I spent my time ranting my problems to random Fanmily members on Twitter, who couldn't help me really, just the regular 'Stay strong' and 'It'll get better' which is just not something I could believe. I googled my back injury and it was most likely I had a bruised spine... The website suggested for me to immediate medical attention but how could I go when they'd only ask how did it happen? I couldn't tell them. He'd kill me. Not in the way where I say i'm dead because The Wanted are so perfect... No... He would kill me, the kind that involved funeral and the whole shebang.

He bombarded me with messages, most were threatening: what he will do to me, how I will beg, what I'd look like when he was finished with me. I didn't reply, it would only provoke him, like poking a bear. It didn't stop him though... He always wormed his way into my head. My nightmares were full of him, every time I fell asleep he would be there, hurting me and mocking me. The worst thing was,  they weren't dreams, they were reality, I was only reliving the past, I felt the pain from the nightmare's because I'd felt it before when he did it. Now I slept with my IPod in, on full blast, I had gotten used to it quite quickly actually, it didn't stop my nightmares but it drowned them out so they were not my sole focus... 

I had sorted out my bag and clothes for the concert before mid-week... It would be my escape, where I could pretend everything is just fine and I could just get caught up in the magic of it all. I had saved up about £500 over the years, taking whatever money I earn from my crappy waitressing job and hiding half of it, the other half, I always ended up giving my mum so that she could feed me that week. I bought special concert tickets, they were cheaper than the meet and greet tickets but they were right at the front. I was so excited but so scared... What if Alex found out I was going? If he hurt me that badly when I did nothing, what would he do when I flat out disobeyed him? I shuddered at the very though so I pushed it out of my head and drowned my thoughts in a sea of lyrics.

I was sure my mum suspected something, how could she not? I was wearing long sleeves and skinny jeans in the summer. Although, she didn't let on. She had made plans to see an old school friend for a week, we did have a week off and all, so that meant sneaking off to the concert was just fine. 

The days dragged out so much it seemed like months when it had really been hours, I checked my Twitter constantly to make sure I had all the details for the concert.

@NathanTheWanted: Looking forward to Saturday's concert

Me too, Nath.