Chapter 35

SEQUEL CONFIRMED. After this story and my other fanfic You're Hurting Me From Inside Of My Head are both finished, you can expect the sequel- Love Sewn to be heading your way and boy you aren't ready!

So as you know we had some sad news this week about the boys and yes I was upset however everyone needs to see the benefits. They'll have time to grow up and do what they need to, they'll come back with more musical direction and ambition and they'll want to make up for lost time. It'll be hard but always be #TWFanmily and I'll still write fanfiction!

Nathan's POV

The journey to the nearest hospital took no time at all (considering how far we were from one) due to the speed that the ambulance was travelling at. As soon as the ambulance had pulled to a halt, the doors were flung open and there was around 5 other people waiting outside to assist. They picked up the stretcher and were running Lexi into the hospital before I could even stand up. The same man approached me again and told me to come inside and wait until they can tell me what's going to happen. I sat down on a pale blue plastic seat, there were many of them around and a few were filled with other anxious looking people. I wondered what the significance was of the pale blue, blue was supposed to be calming, wasn't it? But all I could think of was that I was sat on a chair in hospital surrounded by other people doing the same thing and that I could be attending a funeral soon. I tried to knock the thoughts out of my head by looking around, I took comfort in taking in my surroundings and ignoring the situation at hand as it calmed me down more which was important considering that when I get worked up I get out of breath which isn't good as I am asthmatic.

The boys arrived about 10 minutes later and sat with me in a comfortable yet nervous silence. The girls also arrived to comfort the other boys but I was quite relieved by it too because both Nikki and Taraf worked in the medical field and could dumb down the hospital speak if I didn't understand it. I was on edge, that was for certain, although it was nice to know that now at least I knew where she was and that something could be done for her at last. However that doesn't meant that I wasn't crapping myself, I liked being in control of a situation and right now I felt useless and everyone else played a part in this apart from me and I hated that. They had whisked her off almost immediately and hooked her up to many different wires and machines before taking her out of sight. I didn't have to wait much longer until someone else appeared, sat down on a chair and began to talk to me.

"Hello Mr...?" It was a short woman that spoke to me, she was pretty in some ways and she seemed polite although I imagined that was a job criteria. I wouldn't admit it to her face of course but I honestly couldn't care less about her, as bad as it sounds, but Lexi was the only person on my mind.

"Sykes. I mean Nathan Sykes." I said quickly, the formality of hospitals and the police had soon become normal lately however I still hated it, it made me feel a lot more older and the situation a lot more serious.

"Hi. Before we start I just want to say that ordinarily we would have to call in the police due to the nature of her injuries but the police have cleared you and know you are not responsible for any of her injuries. Neither are your friends." She said, eyeing up the boys and the girls sat around me, I suppose it didn't help my case when Tom was snogging the face off Sabz. I hadn't even thought about how I must seem like a suspect again, It hadn't crossed my mind. I imagined that eventually I would see how it may look so it was a relief to know that my name was clear. I simply nodded my head so not to slow down the conversation with excess words.

"So here's the run down. Miss Greene has been rushed to theatre. She has been put into an induced coma, it's clear to us that she has a severe blow to the head. I know a coma sounds bad but all it's going to do it stop the swelling of the brain and hopefully speed up her recovery time. I must warn you though that an induced coma is a more rarely come out of than a natural coma that the body should go into when there are serious injuries, that sometimes doesn't happen for some reason which is why we help that process. At the moment, she is going to have an emergency surgery so that the doctors can deal with her internal bleeding. Her ribs are also badly fractured so there will be a minor operation on that but otherwise time will heal those. Then she will just have some stitches on her lower abdomen to aid the healing of those. I know it seems like a lot and surgery is always risky, especially with ones of this nature and severity but our surgeons are very skilled and experienced. Mainly, Mr Sykes, it's a waiting game for her to heal and come out of the coma, it could take as little as a week or at most around a year. Now this is simply a formality, generally it's incorrect and it doesn't really represent the individual but I am supposed to give you an estimate for her survival. Taking into consideration the surgeries, I'd say 35% is a good guess." I said, her language was fluent and she didn't have to pause so I took that as a result of experience since I doubted people being in Lexi's state was a regular occurrence here.

"I-I don't care about statistics, I don't care about any one else. Just tell me honestly: do you think she will survive?" I sighed, wringing out my hands and taking deeps breaths in and out in hope to calm myself down since I was rapidly becoming more and more panicked by the information given which was finally hitting home.

"I'm not really supposed to-" She began, looking rather alarmed.

"Please. I need to know." I pleaded with her. If an expert who works here almost every day seeing people in different heaths and whatnot thought she could survive then my hope could be restored but if she did not think so then I could prepare myself properly.

"Okay, I shouldn't but I will because I think you need it. When I first started here, there was a man who was ran over by a car and then the people who did it beat him up and stabbed him. I had to tell his heavily pregnant wife that he had a 10% chance of survival. But he survived. Mr Sykes, I believe that if a person has something to live for then they will fight to survive. And she has you and I think she'll fight for that." The woman smiled up at me gently.

"Thank you." I said quietly as she stood up and left to resume her role within the hospital.

"Mate why don't we check into a hotel near by, we all had an early get up and you look knackered." Max said, placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it reassuringly. Although I had gotten used to my title as baby of the band, I still disliked how the boys always treated me like a child who needed looking after.

"No! I can't leave her!" I exclaimed, horrified by the prospect of anything happening whilst we were away.

"Nath all the surgeries take a long time, you may as well have a small kip to clear your head a bit." Siva added, attempting to be the voice of reason.

"I-" I began, trying to comprise the right words to say that would work in my favour.

"Nathan come back with us, it's what's best for you." Jay snapped, his patience running short because he was tired.

"Fine." I muttered, admitting defeat. Max shot up and explained to the nurse and gave her our contact details so that they could let us know of something happened.

We all piled back into the car and drove to the closest hotel which was only 7 miles away from the hospital which was nice for me as I knew that we could get back as soon as possible. The hotel was nice but I wasn't really focused and just wanted to dump my bags and fall asleep which is exactly what I did, as did the other boys. I crawled into bed but it wasn't long before sleep consumed me.

I woke up when I heard a creaking noise in the room, I was sleepy and unfocused but I still noticed the strange shaped shadow in the corner of the room. I blinked a few times to clear my head as the shadow began to approach the bed. The shadow or figure stepped into the line of light omitted by the gap in the curtains to show... Alex clutching a knife which a demonic expression on his pale face.

"You're dead! I saw your body! You're dead, I know you are!" I gasped in terror.

"So is Lexi. She's worse than dead because she is dying and she is in pain." He said it while smiling and it made me feel sick.

"S-she's fine, she's getting better!" I stuttered, I was shocked and frightened.

"That's what you hope. I always knew that little bitch would be trouble. If I can't have her then neither can you." He taunted before stepping closer, the knife gleamed in the lighting and I tried to shuffle back in my bed but felt a strange pinching sensation...

Then I woke up... It was a dream. I was panting and sweating, feeling confused but relieved to know that Alex really is dead. Sabz was sat on the floor by my bed watching me and it's clear that she was the one who had woken me up.

"Nathan it was just a dream." She whispered soothingly. I nodded my head in agreement but I still couldn't calm down.

"Lexi is fine, Nathan, really. Go back to sleep and then afterwards we can go and see her, okay?"

"O-Okay." I stammered before curling up in a ball and falling asleep again, praying that Lexi would be fine by the time I woke up but knowing it wouldn't be true.

Danahhh

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT OR NO UPDATES!