chapter seven~Death chose life

Charlie's POV
I slowly opened my eyes. My head as pounding. A breathing mask was attached to me. My legs felt like they weren't there.
"Your finally awake" a calm voice said to me. My vision was blurred a bit so I couldn't make out who it was.
The figure took off my breathing mask and placed a cold rag on my head.
"How are you feeling?" The figure asked me while sitting on a chair next to me.
I just stared at the figure. I could make out that it was a girl from just looking at her.
"Charlie, can you talk?" She asked.
I shook my head slightly. A sharp pain went through my neck when I did it.
"Can you try?" She asked me.
I opened my mouth a few times but no words came out of it. I didn't have the urge to talk.
"Come on charlie, the doctors need to know that you are stable" she asked me again.
"I feel broken" I mumbled.
"You're okay now, there's no need to worry" she whispered.
"Why can I not remember" I said while closing my eyes a bit.
"You were knocked pretty hard in the head, but things should have come back to you" she mumbled to me. "Can you tell me anything you remember?" She said putting her hand to her ear.
I immediately had a weird flashback.
"Meghan" i said while sitting up. "Where's Meghan" I yelled. I started going crazy trying to get out.
"Calm down charlie" the girl said as she pulled me down.
I laid back down as tears ran down my face. "I want to see Meghan" I mumbled.
"Who are you talking about?" The girl said to me.
"I love her" I said.
"Tell me who she is" she asked me.
"She was in the crash with me. I love her" I replied.
"I think I know who your talking about" as she made I sad face.
"I need to see her. Where is she?" I cried.
"I'm sorry" the girl said.
"What happened to her!" I yelled.
"We found her in the grass. Her leg was damaged. Her whole body was severely damaged" she said sadly.
"No no no no" I cried.
"We don't know how long she'll live" the girl said.
At that, I went crazy. I ran out of the door. I didn't care how much it hurt. The nurse ran to me and grabbed my arm.
"Let go of me!" I yelled.
"The room, 29" she panted. I looked her in the eye and went to room 29.
"Hey, your not allowed to go in there!" A doctor yelled at me.
I banged at the door. "Please!" I yelled.
I slid down the door and cried.
Doctors grabbed me and raced me back to my room.
Meghan's POV
I slowly woke up. I heard banging at the door. I wanted to know who it was. But I couldn't move. I felt the life rushing out of me. I somehow remembered someone. I couldn't remember his name, but how he looked. I remembered loving him. I remember being in a crash with him. I just thought about him. Suddenly, I saw a nurse rush in.
"Hi Meg" she said. "Visiting hours are starting".
"Is anyone coming to me" I mumbled.
"I'll tell you when" she said before she walked out.
I waited a few minutes. I smiled up at the ceiling. Suddenly, the door slammed open.
I saw him walk in. The person I remembered. He kneeled down beside me.
"Meghan, please no" he cried.
"Charlie, don't be like this" I mumbled.
"I can't let you leave me" he cried. He grasped my hand.
"I have a choice. Either to live or die" I mumbled to him. "I can't make it myself, it's what death chooses".
"Please Meghan" he said while sobbing.
Suddenly, I couldn't talk anymore. I felt life rushing out of me.
"Stay with me Meghan" Charlie mumbled.
I heard the beeping on the machine go dead. I closed my eyes.
Charlie's POV
Meghan was dead. I yelled and screamed. I sobbed till something I thought never would happen. I looked up at the heart monitor. It started to beep. I had hope now.
"Death chose life" I mumbled.
"Charlie" I heard Meghan say very quietly.
"Meghan" I mumbled with tears of joy.
"I love you" she said.
I hugged her tightly. "How?" I said.
"Death chose life" she said with a smile.
-----------------------
Hey guys!
I did this cause I wanted to do a sad, dramatic chapter. Remember to leave requests in the comments!
Love,
Delaney