Chapter forty~ the end

Meghan's POV
nine months later
It had been nine months. In a day I was scheduled to have the baby. I had given her the name, Sydney. It made me sad to think I didn't pick the name out with Charlie, or spend my days with him. I've been depressed lately because Charlie, well I just got the news. I wrote it all down on paper.
"Um, hello Mrs. Puth. We would like to notify you that mr. Puth was in a tragic car accident, and he's not in good condition. For farther information from pharmacists is that he will die very very soon."
I cried at the memory. He's going to die. He broke his promise, but it didn't matter. Our child wouldn't have a father. She would have a mother, that will be unhappy the rest of her life. Charlie was in Nashville at the moment, dying in his hospital bed. I sobbed every day, that my little girl would ask me, "where's daddy?"
I needed to be there when Charlie breathed his last breath. I needed to tell him goodbye before he leaves.
"Don't worry, Sydney. Dad will be there to say goodbye." I said to myself every day. I noticed I'm thinking in a hospital room. I'm about to have a baby. Pain didn't disturb my thoughts.
"Oh honey!" Kelli yelled.
She ran over to me and hugged me tightly.
"Hey," I mumbled.
"Don't get hurt, just ignore the pain okay." Kelli said nervously.
"Mom, I'll be okay,"
"Just remember you'll always be my little girl." Kelli said before sitting in the corner.
I couldn't believe Charlie was missing his own daughters birth. The doctors rushed in. It was all pain from then.
After the baby was born
I held Sydney in my hands. She was so beautiful. She cried at first, but as soon as I held her, she was calm. She was so amazing. It was Charlie's daughter. Which, he'll never see.
It scared me to think of what I just said.
Which he'll never see
I started crying a bit.
"Meghan, I'm so sorry- Charlie isn't here." Mikaela said.
"It's ok Mikaela." I cried.
"Your gonna be flying to Nashville to see him before he- goes right?" Mikaela asked, a tear running down her face.
"Yeah."
We both started to sob. The baby, as well cried. I know this wasn't the right time to be sad, but, how can you not be sad when the love of your life will never see their child? Ever?
At Nashville a/n: time skips ugh
I rushed to the hospital where Charlie was. The baby cried in my hands. I hugged Sydney tight.
"Charlie puth." I said to the desk woman.
"Right door on the left." She replied.
I nodded and ran with Sydney in my hands to the room. I entered it. It smelled like barf a bit. Sydney immediately calmed down, but still whimpered quietly.
I knelt beside Charlie's pale, dying body. There were only a few minutes till he's going to leave.
"Charlie, your daughter is here." I sobbed.
I held his hand tight.
"And I'm here. Her name is Sydney," I said to him.
I felt Charlie's hand grip my hand back slightly.
"Charlie, Sydney loves you. And she won't forget you."
There was no response. The heart monitor slowed its beeping. Charlie's hand gripped less.
"Charlie, please don't go." I sobbed.
The heart monitor slowed more. I decided to say one finale words to him.
"It's been a long, day without you my friend," I sang/sobbed.
"And I'll tell you all about it when I,

See you again