chapter twenty~broken apart

Charlie's POV
I just stared at the floor as I ate my pizza. I said nothing at all.
"Um, do you mind if I just go and get some fresh air?" Meghan said with kind of a worried face.
"No" i said.
"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes" Meghan said before walking out the door. I went thought about following her. I made up my mind and decided to follow her. I felt bad about it but I had to. I got on a black shirt and some black sweat pants. I hid behind the window curtain until I had a view of Meghan. She was climbing the stairs to the roof. I went out of the hotel room and climbed the stairs myself. I hid behind a tank and watched them talk. Meghan sat down next to Brian.
"Hey beautiful" Brian said.
"Hi" she said while sitting down next to him. He wrapped his arm around her and she pulled it off.
"So what have you been doing?" Brian said.
"Just random stuff" she said.
"Well why are we here?" Meghan said.
"Because we can watch the sunset" Brian replied.
"I have to leave in a few minutes because my friend is coming" Meghan said.
"Before you leave I want to tell you something" Brian said.
"What?" Meghan said with a look that meant I really want to leave.
"I love you" he said as he leaned in to kiss her. He managed to. It went on. Meghan tried to pull away but it was no use. That's when I had to stop this.
"Get away from her!" I yelled. Brian started to disappear down the stairs. 
"Charlie it's not what you think" Meghan said.
"You were dating behind my back?" I said.
"No, he walked up to me and entered his number into my phone, and I didn't have control! Please believe me!" Meghan cried.
"I can't Meghan, I'm sorry" I said as I looked down. "I just think we can give each other some space, because it seems like you want to date other people".
"No I don't! I love you Charlie and I won't love anyone else!" Meghan cried.
"No Meghan, I'm broken apart" I said before jogging off. I could hear Meghan sobbing in the back round.
Meghan's POV
I fell on my knees. I was in more pain then I had ever been. I lost my one true love. His face would burn in my mind forever. I ran as fast as I could back to the hotel room, hoping to see charlie. I ran in to see him nowhere. I slammed myself onto the bed and just sobbed. Moist tears dripped out of my eyes till there was no more tears to cry out.
"Meghan!" I heard someone gasp. I looked to see I was Emmy. My vision was blurry from all the tears. She sat down on the bed next to me and hugged me.
"Meghan what happened?!" Emmy said. I couldn't talk. I just kept crying. She got a tissue and wiped the smeared mascara off my face.
"Meghan talk to me" she said. I sniffled and wiped the tears that were forming off my eyes.
"I'm broken" I mumbled in between soft cries.
"Meghan tell me what happened" Emmy said.
"Charlie left me" I said. More tears formed in my eyes. I couldn't stop them.
"Why? He loves you he would never do that" Emmy said.
"I met this guy Brian and he just invited me to the roof. I went there and he kissed me and Charlie was there" I said while starting to sob.
"That's not your fault Meghan, it was that jerk Brian's fault" Emmy said.
"He didn't understand what I told him, and now he said we needed some space" I sobbed.
"It's okay Meghan, he'll come back for you I promise" Emmy said.
"No he won't, he's never coming back" I sobbed.
"Oh Meghan" Emmy said before hugging me.
Hour until tour...
"Meghan, stop crying, everything is ok now" Emmy said, trying to comfort me.
"I'm sorry, I am just reminded of him every second" I said while sniffling.
"Well, I have to go get some things at target, be back in 30 minutes" Emmy said before leaving.
"I heard you were sad" I heard someone say. The guy popped out from the door and revealed himself. It was Brian. I screamed as loud as I could at the sight of him.
"Calm down Meghan, it's just me" Brian said.
"No it's not just you! Get out of here you stalker! I freaking hate you!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.
"Stop it Meghan".
"I will not! You are an idiot that I don't want to talk to!" I yelled. He sat down next to me and pressed his finger against my lips.
"Shhh Meghan, it's okay. I'm just here to tell you something" he said.
"Tell me than leave" I said angrily.
"I heard charlie left you, and I thought I could be your new boyfriend" he said.
"I'm disgusted" I said.
"Oh come on Meghan, can't you give t a try?" Brian said. After a few minutes of convincing he talked me into it. I regretted it so much. I just wanted charlie. But I need someone to heal me. And the only person I have is him.
Charlie's POV (very short)
I was in a motel room. I was just on the ragged bed and crying my eyes out. I regretted letting Meghan go. I wanted her beautiful face to be looking at me. Her cherry lips pressed against mine. I wanted her to be with me, holding my hand. I wanted her to be right here, comforting me of my sadness. I wanted her to be mine. But I can't now. I let her go. We had a rope that tied us together, but I had to cut that rope. I picked up my phone and called Britton.
"Hello?" Britton said.
"Hi, this is charlie" I replied.
"Hey, so what do you want to tell me right this second?" He asked me.
"I want to cancel going on tour" I said.
"Wait wait wait, what?" Britton said. "You can't cancel now".
"I need to. Just schedule it another day" I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"I just- I just can't tell you, I just need a day on my own" I replied.
"I'll see what I can do, but you'll be regretting this sooner or later charlie, are you sure?" Britton asked.
"I'm sure".
"Ok, nice talking to you" Britton said before hanging up. I just was broken apart. I couldn't move, couldn't talk, I was broken.
Meghan's POV
I got an email saying that the tour had been canceled for a day. Just what I needed. Me and Brian just kind of sat there, staring at each other.
"So we're officially-
"Together" Brian cut me off. He put his hand on my cheek.
"Your so beautiful" he said. I blushed. He leaned in slowly. He kissed me. It didn't feel like Charlie's kisses. They were much different. I just didn't know really. I just kept kissing him. A kind of firework went off in me. I tried so hard not be reminded of charlie. He pulled away from me for breath. Then he kissed me again. I heard walking down the hall. "We have to stop" I said I between kisses.
"Why?" He said.
"Emmy is almost here" I replied. He pulled away and ran out. I just looked at him run out the door.
"I'm back Meghan!" Emmy said from the door. She sat the bags she was holding on the table and sat down on the bed.
"So how are you feeling?" She asked.
"I'm actually kind of better" I said.
"That's pretty good" she said before turning on the tv. She flipped the channel from ID to the news.
"Hello everybody my name is Judy Fielder and I'm here with Frank Welker to tell you the latest news" Judy the reporter said.
"Alright everyone, you all remembered the VMA'S last night right?" Frank said.
"Yes we all do, Justin briber crying on stage, Kayne West did that whole inspirational speach and said in 2020 he would run for president, but that's not what we're here to talk about" Judy said.
"Meghan trainor and Charlie Puth cancelled their tour again! They're manager Britton said, "charlie said that he needed some space right now" and we all were shocked!" Frank said.
"Yes we were, megatronz and puthinators are disappointed!" Judy said.
"And another rumor is that they broke up! That was a real tear jerker to all their fans because the all ship Marlie so heavily!" Frank said. At that I grabbed the remote out of Emmys hand and changed it to a random channel, witch turned out to be disney channel.
"Hey! I was watching that!" Emmy said.
"Whatever" I said before turning off the light. I laid there, looking up at the ceiling.
"I'm broken apart" I said to myself before I drifted off into a blissful sleep.
------------------------
Hey guys!
Extra long chapter for you guys!hope you like it. I didn't do much of Charlie's POV. sorry about that. Love all who are reading!
Love,
Delaney