chapter sixteen~ big news

Charlie's POV
Me and Meghan just sat and jokes around with each other. We kissed a few times. Just for fun. Meghan's phone buzzed loudly from her pocket.
"Hello?" She said into her phone. She put it on speaker.
"Meghan I need you and charlie in the conference room now!" Britton said.
"Why?" Meghan said.
"I have mega big news!" "Just get over here!" Britton said before hanging up.
"I wonder what this big news will be" Meghan said sarcastically.
"Let's go" I said before got her hand and started walking. We had walked a few blocks when hollywood studios appeared. We jogged in and to the desk.
"Britton Bilik assigned to see us" I said.
"Names please" the lady said.
"Charlie puth and Meghan Trainor" I replied.
"He's waiting for you at conference room 42" the lady said before she started talking on her phone.
"Come on" Meghan said, as she was already in the hall. We jogged through turns and rooms. Finally, we got there. Meghan opened the door to see Britton sitting at the huge table.
"There you are!" He yelled from across the room.
Meghan's POV
Me and Charlie sat down and leaned our heads on the chairs.
"So what's the news?" I asked.
"I have good and bad news" Britton said while getting his laptop out.
"Bad news then good news" Charlie said. Britton pulled up a slide on the huge screen at the end of the room.
"The bad news is that the administrators can't have you guys go on tour in time and get you back on track during our budget" Britton said while pulling up a sad face emoji slide.
"So I suppose were out of business now" I said.
"Save your hope guys, because the good news will lift you back up" Britton said.
"So what will bring us back?" Charlie said.
"That's the good news" Britton said. "I convinced them because you guys deserve another chance, and they said they can do it on our budget, but we'll need some big money here, so you guys needed a gig that would pay you" Britton said as fast as she could.
"Okay so what could we possibly do?" I said while nodding my head.
"Perfect question Meghan, I thought that we could get you guys a music video!" Britton said.
"Really? You think we can pull that off?" Charlie said.
"Exactly, you can pull it off, that's why I hired all the people, I just need an answer" Britton said.
"Well, I don't know, what song?" I said.
"Marvin Gaye obviously!" Britton said. "We thought you would film in a high school, the teenagers are bored at prom and bam! Charlie starts singing and they all get in the mood and then you come in and-
"Let me stop you there, this is a good idea but i kind of know the rest because you texted me the idea already" I said, cutting her off.
"Right, you can tell that to charlie" Britton laughed. "So the idea is set?"
"I'm pretty sure, Meghan you?" Charlie said.
"When do you start filming?" I said with a smile.
"YES!" Britton screamed. "YOUR BACK IN BUSINESS!"
"You don't have to scream" I said.
"I know but this is a success I have to!" Britton said.
"When do we start?" Charlie asked.
"Tomorrow, 3:15 pm" Britton replied.
"We'll be there" I said before charlie walked out. Before I walked with him I said one last thing.
"Thanks Britton, really" I said.
-----------------
Hey guys!
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and sorry it's shorter than the other ones, I'll make the next one a bit longer. Love all who are reading!
Love,
Delaney