chapter ten~ Highway

Meghan's POV
I woke up somewhere. I was too tired and sore to get up. I just laid there for a minute. I finally decided to get up. I was shocked at what I saw. I was in the middle of the highway.
"What the hell?" I said to myself. I looked around. There were no cars at all. No lights. Just a highway. I got a bit scared, nervous, and curious at the same time. I was thinking about Charlie, he wouldn't strand me in the middle of the road like this. I started to walk. I noticed I had tripped over a rock. I was on the floor. My knee was starting to bleed and I had slightly killed my ankle.
"Just great, just great" I said to myself. I got up, tears about to come out of my eyes because of the pain. Suddenly, when I was about to give up, I heard some soft cries.
"Hello, any body there?" I yelled across the road. No answer. I walked nearer to the noise. The noise got louder and louder every time I took a step. When I had walked a few feet, I saw the dark outline of a person. I jogged towards it, trying to bare the pain. Finally, I saw the figure, it was Charlie. I ran over to him and crouched in front of him.
"Charlie, Charlie are you alright?" I cried while grasping his hands.
"Meghan" he mumbled. He looked very beat up. A bruised eye, blood everywhere, and he was covered in dirt.
"Please Charlie, just say something to me" I said while sobbing into his shoulder.
"He killed him" Charlie said. "He tried to kill us all".
"What, Charlie, do you remember something?" I said in between sniffles.
"He threw us off the bus, shot the driver and threw him in the river" Charlie said with a sad face.
"He said if I didn't give him anything of what i have, He would hurt you". "I gave him everything, so I could save you, before he left he beat me up so I couldn't do anything".
"Charlie, oh my god" I sobbed. "Please stay with me forever". I just sat there crying, I couldn't bare imagining Charlie being hurt. I looked down to see his lifeless knee, blood oozing down it. I pulled the jacket off of him and wrapped it around his knee.
"Meghan, you know everything will be okay, right?" Charlie said with a tear come out of his eye.
"With you, nothing is impossible" I responded.
Charlie smiled and moved for the first time. He waddled toward me and looked me in the eye. He kissed me like never before. I kissed him back because  I never wanted it to end. I pulled away and he took me in his arms.
"I love you, Meghan trainor" he said.
"I love you too" I said, before falling asleep.
Charlie's POV
I woke up with Meghan sleeping soundly in my arms. I carefully laid her down on the cement, and motioned myself to get up. My bruises had healed, my knee was a huge scab, and my eye wasn't black and blue anymore,  it was skin. My stomach was aching, I just remembered food.
A few hours later.....
I couldn't find anything. We're going to die at some point. "You find anything Charlie?" Meghan asked me.
"No, the cars are going to come soon anyway, so we better move" I said.
"Okay, but you don't have a phone or a wallet anymore, and neither do I, so what now?" She said worried.
"We have to go now, we have to walk back to hollywood studios and see if we can find anybody we know" I said. We followed each other for a few hours,  we were about to enter the city of hollywood. "God, we're finally here" Meghan said panting. I smiled at her and grabbed her hand. We walked across a couple roads and neighborhoods. Finally, we got there. A big sign that said "hollywood studios" was plastered onto the entrance. We ran in and opened the entrance door.
"We have to find Becky" I said running to the desk.
"What can I help you with sir?" The lady at the counter said.
"Charlie Puth, Meghan trainor" I said putting my elbows on the desk. She started typing on her computer. She talked into her headphone.
"Um, who are you here too see today?" She said quickly, then returned to staring at her screen.
"Becky Anderson" I said. Meghan was holding onto me. I could tell she was nervous.
"Um, I'm sorry but she's not here today" the lady said with a sarcastic face.
"Why?" I heard Meghan blurt out.
"Um, further information is classified, but no worrys, I can get you a meeting with Britton Billik" the lady said sarcastically again.
"Just do that then" I said, kind of stressed out and angry.
"Your meeting will be in about thirty minutes, she is in a meeting right now" the lady said. "By the way, while we're waiting, let's get you guys cleaned up, you look like animals!"
"Oh yeah, right" Meghan said. The lady typed on her computer and talked into her headset. A bunch of people came over and dragged us into back stage, where the performers get ready. A lady took Meghan into the dressing room and disappeared. A lady grabbed my Hand and dragged me into another dressing room.
"Hi, I'm Bethany and I'll be dressing you".
"Uh okay" I said awkwardly.
"So what you into, dark clothing, colors, old fashion new fashion, that kind of thing?"  Bethany said to me while digging through the clothes bar.
"Um, just casual" I replied. She pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and a very dark blue shirt.
"This fine?" She said holding them up.
"Sure" I said while grabbing the outfit. I went in te dressing stall and put it on. I got a wipe in there and rubbed it on my face. When all the dirt was off of it, i continued pulling up my jeans. I went out and Bethany stared at me.
"You cleaned yourself up, huh?" She said.
"Yeah, I sometimes don't like dirt on my face" I said sarcastically.
Suddenly I felt someone grab me. It was Bethany. She pinned me on the wall and mumbled to me.
"That Meghan is to much for you".
"Let me go!" I said, while trying to get out of her hold.
"I've always thought your cute, Meghan, Meghan that stupid pop star idiot" she said.
"Don't say that about her!" I yelled. 
"Don't you think I'm better Charlie?" She said.
"No! I think your stupid!" I yelled. Right then, she kissed me. She wouldn't let me pull away. I knew I would lose Meghan, I thought to myself before just going with it.
----------------------
Hey guys!
This is kind of a two part chapter, and sorry if I broke your feels. I couldn't think of anything dramatic or anything, just this. Hope you enjoyed!
Love,
Delaney