Chapter four- Sydney's first birthday

Meghan's POV
Two months later
I never thought the first birthday of my daughter would come so quick.
Sydney was happier, all of the sudden. Since Charlie kept coming back, to be with us. You know, Mikaela and Kelli are setting up the decorations for it right now. The party was in two hours. While the baby slept, I discussed with my mom.
"What should we get her ma?" I asked.
"Maybe some new stuffed animals, or more baby toys. She'll love a new one." Kelli replied.
"Your right, though. I was thinking about getting her this."
I showed Kelli a picture of a swing chair.
"She'll love it, Meg." Kelli said, she had a tear in her eye for some reason.
"Can a borrow a loan from you then?" I laughed.
I don't have a job, so I can't get the money really.
"How much?"
"About sixty dollars," I mumbled.
"Fine, but Meghan. You need to get a job soon if your going to be a good mother, okay?" Kelli said.
"But, it's so hard being a single mom. Now I have to work and pay even more for a babysitter?!"
"Meghan, I understand completely. It's just, you have to start taking things seriously very soon." Kelli said before walking off.
Time skip to almost two hours later
Okay, the birthday place is a roller rink of course. Even know the baby can't skate, there's a huge kids thing there.
"Ready Meg?" Kelli yelled from downstairs.
"Almost!"
I finished straightening my hair and ran down stairs. I grabbed the baby, and cradled her kind of so she wouldn't wake up. Everyone got in the car, and I strapped the baby into her car seat.
"Let's go." Mikaela said, and the car was off.
At the rink
"We're here,"
I got myself out and Sydney, and Mikaela took the Sydney so Kelli could talk to me.
"Who's going to watch her on that thing?" Kelli asked.
"Mikaela, I think. Gary, Ryan, and Stephen, and Kelsey want me to skate with them." I replied.
Kelli nodded and paid to get in. As soon as I walked in, it smelled like a boys locker room. Only a few were skating, because they were watching their kids on the larger-than-I-expected play equipment.
"You got her Mikaela?" I asked.
"Yeah, you go on ahead and have fun." She replied.
I put my skates on and so did Ryan Stephen Gary and Kelsey. I tried to get up but I almost fell because I'd never skated before.
"I got you, okay?" Said Kelsey.
I nodded and she held on to me. She made sure I didn't slip.
We got onto the skating part, and I tried to go. Kelsey still held onto me. As we went, a bunch of nine year old boys were doing flips past me.
"Don't worry, everything will be okay." Kelsey said, since she knew I was about to hyperventilate.
"Okay."
She let go and I went. I glided across the rink, and I was pretty good. Me and Kelsey were passing kick balls to each other as we skated. Ryan, Stephen and Gary gave me thumbs up once in awhile. Ryan was an experienced roller skater, so he was skating backwards and jumping at he skated.
As I went to get the kickball, (Kelsey threw it past her) I didn't know a kid was there.
I tripped over the kid, and I felt my ankle literally bend. I screamed out in pain, and Kelsey was calling an ambulance. Mikaela showed up, holding the sobbing baby. My vision was pretty blurred, a ringing in my ears, since when I fell I hit my head on the rim of the wall.
Then everything went black.
--------------------
Hey guys!
New update. I know this is kind of sad since its at Meg's daughters birthday. But hope y'all liked it. Love you all! 😘😊
Love,
Delaney