chapter seventeen~ the video

Meghan's POV (short)
Me and Charlie walked back to the hotel and spent the night talking about the big news. We just stared up at the ceiling, waiting for tomorrow.
I woke up and saw that it was 12:00. I went and did my makeup and did random things until it was 3:00. Charlie was awake by the time.
"You ready to go yet?" Charlie questioned me.
"Almost" I replied as I brushed through my golden locks of hair.
I put down my brush and grabbed Charlie's Hand and pecked him on the cheek.
"Let's do this" I said as we walked out the door and into the parking lot. We got in the car and rove off to the set. Nauset regional high. Charlie just kind of sat there. He was as pale as a white shirt.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"It's nothing really, let's go" he replied as he walked out to the entrance of the huge building. We entered with no words.
"Your finally here! Aren't you excited?!" Britton said while walking towards us.
"We are" Charlie said as he observed the place from top to bottom.
"You guys are right on time, let's get to the first scene in the gym" Britton said while guiding us to the gym in the school. We walked in and a bunch of teenagers that were dressed up surrounded the place, humming the song Marvin Gaye.
"You ready for this?" I said to charlie.
"I'm ready alright" he replied before walking off to the director.
Charlie's POV
"Hey! Charlie my man!" The director yelled while slapping my back.
"Nice to see you too" I said while looking at him.
"You don't recognize me my man?" The director said in confusion.
"Um, last time I checked I don't think so" I replied with a little laugh.
"I was your best friend in high school Charles my man!" He said with a smile.
"What's your name again?" I said.
"Isaiah, it's a weird name for a built up man like me you know" Isaiah said.
"I think I remember you, well how did you get to being a director?" I asked.
"I just kind of slipped into it like a pair of jeans, did you see what I did there?" He said with a laugh. "I went to college for it and it succeeded, and I've been directing celebrity music videos ever since".
"Oh, so you meet all kinds of artists?" I asked.
"Yeah, many artists, like wiz khalifa and Taylor swift, all those kind of people" Isaiah replied. "How did you get to where your at now?"
"I actually got famous by Meghan over there, she was the one" I replied, kind of blushing a bit.
"I forgot to ask, there's a super viral video going around of you guys kissing on stage that one time" Isaiah said while elbowing me on the arm lightly.
"Yeah, we're kind of- well great friends" I said with my voice cracking.
"You know if you guys were together, you would be lucky, she's really hot" Isaiah mumbled.
"Excuse me?" I said with a laugh.
"Just saying, if she's free I'll take her" he said sarcastically.
"Shouldn't we be shooting the video right now?" I said.
"Yep I think" he said while we laughed.
Meghan's POV
I looked at the script idea while I was being flushed with makeup and hair dressers.
"First scene! Action!" The director Isaiah yelled. The camera went around the gym. The teenagers acted like they didn't care about prom and sighed for the camera. Then charlie came and started playing. Even though he was lip syncing he sounded perfect and was acting perfect. He was handling it well. After about a minute of all this, I went out and the camera was behind me. I threw the huge jacket off and started singing. I heard the word "cut!" Several times in different places. Becaus ethers were different scenes in a lot of places. I leaned over on the piano and kept lip syncing. I couldn't help but smile at him the whole time.
"Cut! Last scene!" I heard Isaiah yell.
The music stopped and I stood in front of everybody. A few teenage boys winked at me and did there handsome face. I just ignored them, trying to get my mind on doing the right thing.
"So this is the scene where you two kiss" Isaiah said.
"Um kiss? On camera?" I shook in stage fright while saying it.
"You guys did this at the concert. Why not now?" A person said randomly.
"And... Action!"
I just took deep breaths. I hadn't felt like this before on stage, and even in front of charlie. As our faces neared, I got scared. I don't know why. If we weren't on camera I would already kissed him like 4 minutes ago. He grabbed my waste and I stopped there.
"I'm sorry i can't do this" I said before I ran off stage, sobbing.
Charlie's POV
I ran after her calling her name. She went in one of the rooms and locked the door. I heard her cries from a mile away.
"Meghan please let me in!" I said as I banged on the door and put my head against it.
"I'm a failure, a freaking failure!" She cried.
"No your not! You just got scared! Everything will be okay!" I said.
From turning the door knob so much i managed to open the door and saw Meghan on floor, sobbing uncontrollably.
"Meghan please stop crying" I said as I knelt down and held her in my arms.
"I can't do this in front of the camera, it's different at concert char!" She sobbed as she looked away from me.
"Your a brave girl Meg, you can do this no matter what" I said, trying to comfort her.
"That's what they always say" she mumbled. "I just want to go home".
"Now you just sound like a little kid Meg, you can do this and I know it" I said while hugging her tightly.
"I'm sorry, just things are holding me back" Meghan said as she looked up at me.
"It's okay my love, anything is possible" I said as I wiped the tears from her cheeks.
"I love you charlie" she said.
"I love you too Meghan" i said before kissing her.
"Let's go and Finish this thing, then we can go home" I said before helping her up.
"That sounds good" she said while walking out of the room with me and back to the set.
We kissed and finished the scene. We headed home and had some pizza. We just looked up, waiting for tomorrow, as always.
----------------
Hey guys!
I hope you enjoyed this! I liked writing it. Just random ideas. Love all who are reading!
Love,
Delaney