chapter twenty nine~ fireworks

Meghan's POV
Charlie shook me awake. I moaned drowsily.
"What char?"
"You slept until  five o'clock!"
"What?"
He nodded and I hopped out of bed. I looked in the mirror. I looked like a zombie.
"Oh my god" I said. Charlie held up my makeup box.
"I found it on the street".
I nodded and grabbed it. I had my makeup on, but I remembered that I had no clothes.
"Maybe I'm a life saver" charlie said while holding up some clothes. I put the long shirt on and it draped to my lower thy. Charlie put a belt around it so it looked like a jean dress. The leather jacket sleeves draped over my hands. "Maybe you are" I laughed.
"Since you slept till five, I have a surprise of you".
"What? Charlie you don't have to this".
"Yes I do".
He grabbed my hand and led me to the car. He forced me to close my eyes the whole way. For thirty minutes we drove with my eyes closed.
"We're here" he mumbled. He helped me out of the car and took my hands off my eyes. There was a stadium in front of me. The sound of the game going on inside. It was almost dark. The sky was pink and yellow.
"Come on. I got us VIP tickets" charlie said while leading me into the crowded entrance. I could see the jumbo board in the stadium from there. It felt like time square. We finally got some front row seats. Old guys and young guys kept winking at me. Disgusting. We sat down and charlie smiled at me.
"This is- you don't have to do it" I said.
"I love you Meghan, i needed to do this". 
I smiled and pecked him on the lips. We watched the game go on for about three hours. There were a lot of home runs for the A's, and less for the Vikings.
"GO A'S GO GO GO GO!!!!!!" A bunch of little kids yelled. They had their shirt off and the word A's were spelled on their chests. Children these days.
A bunch of people showed up on the jumbo board. A little boy showed up and started singing 'now watch me whip' and started whipping. Children these days!!!
And then me and Charlie showed up on the board.
"MARLIE MARLIE MARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!" Everyone kept screaming. I pecked charlie on the lips and everyone started screaming. It was deafening.
Charlie's POV
In about an hour later it was time for fireworks. Things had gone by so fast already.
"Now give it up for green day fireworks!"
Green day appeared on the top of the stadium. They waved all around. All the lights went off. They started playing 'when September ends'.
"Come with me" I said while leading Meghan into the VIP room.
"Charlie what are we doing?!" Meghan said nervously.
"You'll see".
"Ahh there you are. You go on in two minutes" Britton said. Meghan gasped.
"Great. She's ready to sing" I replied while winking.
"Alright, go in that cubical over there and your on the stage stat" Britton said before disappearing into the crowd. We walked in and a platform was moving us up.
"Charlie what is happening?!"
"You ready sing?" I laughed.
"NO!"
"You will be".
The platform came to a stop. Green day was performing on the top a few feet away from us.
"Go out there and sing" I said while pushing her out on stage. Green day moved out of the way and threw her a guitar. She started singing.
"I want you to close your eyes" she sang. The song went on. On the last chorus, I ran out there. As soon as I did, the fireworks started going off.
"Ohhhhh" I sang with her. We sang together. I never wanted it to end. At the end, I was ready to say it to her.
The music stopped and the fireworks stopped. The spotlight went on us. Meghan looked down at me with laughter. I knelt down and took the ring out of my pocket.
"Meghan Elizabeth Trainor" I said. She gasped in shock.
"Will you marry me?" I asked with the ring in hand.
"Oh my god char" she trailed off. I started to sweat from pressure.
"YES!" She replied. Fireworks started going again. Green day started playing again. Girls were screaming and the audience was clapping. I picked Meghan up and she wrapped her legs around me. She kissed me passionately. I kept kissing her. I let her down from my grasp. I put the ring on her finger. She hugged me tightly.
"I love you char".
------------------------
Hey guys!
New chapter here. Hope all liked it. Kinda short. I liked writing it because half of it was real. Love all who are reading!
Love,
Delaney