chapter twenty eight~ surgery

Meghan's POV
All night charlie was trying to schedule surgery for me. I was in tears most of the time.
"Okay, you can't make it either, well thanks for your help" charlie said. His eyes were all red. He was sweating form stress. He ran his hands over his face and sighed. Charlie dialed the phone again and started talking. Tears formed in my eyes. I snuck out of the door and I found my way to the top of the place. I sat at the edge and sobbed uncontrollably. I took a deep breath and took my phone out of my pocket. I texted charlie. A tear dropped onto the screen and smeared when I touched it with my thumb.
Meghan: char, I'm sobbing my head off right now
Charlie: where the frick are you?! Don't wander off!
Meghan: you sound like my parents char. I just am scared.
Charlie: look
I turned around and saw charlie. His eyes were puffy from tears.
"Meg".
He ran to me and hugged me tightly. I sobbed into his shoulder.
"Everything will be okay Meg".
I looked up at him and smiled. He kissed me on the lips. He helped me up and back to the motel room.
Charlie's POV
I told Meghan that she had a surgery tomorrow morning. She just cried. I felt her pain sometimes. I laid down next to her and took her in my arms. She smiled and we both fell into a blissful sleep.
The morning......
My phone rang. I looked at it and it was my timer going off. It was nine forty eight. I noticed and hopped out of bed. I got Meghan up and she got ready. I did the same.
"Ready to go Meg?"
She nodded and I took her hand. We got in the car and we were off.
Meghan stared out the window. Her face was pale. Some tears ran down her face. Her elbow rested on the side of the window.
"You okay babe?" I asked her. No answer. Just a tear slipped down her face. She's not okay. She's scared. I pulled up in the parking space I found. Meghan walked slowly into the hospital. She crossed her arms over her chest. I felt bad for her. We walked in I told the receptionist everything.
"Just fill out these papers" the woman said. I nodded and sat down on a small chair. I filled out the forms and handed them back to the woman. She granted us access to the surgeons office.
"Hello ms. Trainor" the surgeon said. She smiled. He talked with her and I answered for her.
"So are you ready for the surgery miss?" The surgeon asked. She nodded and leaded her to a room full of doctors.
"Wait here" a nurse said to me. I nodded and sat in the uncomfortable chairs. It had been three hours already. I just waited for her. I just sat there in pure stress without her. Suddenly, she came out of the door with a hospital gown on. She had a huge red scar on her neck. I sprinted to her and hugged her tightly. She cried into my shoulder.
"I love you charlie" she said. She sounded like she was horse.
"Can I talk to you?" The nurse said to me.
"Okay" I replied as I walked over to the nurse.
"Well, the surgery worked on her vocal cords. But she might be horse for about three days" the nurse said.
"That's great" I replied.
"For any pain just get these medicines at the pharmacy and give them to her".
"Okay, should I get them now?" I said.
"Yes".
"Thank you" I said while walking back out. I grabbed Meghan's hand and she smiled at me. I walked to the pharmacy. No one was really there. I got the medicine and walked through the empty hospital. I looked at Meghan and kissed her like I had not seen her in forever. She smiled and leaned her head on my chest. In a few minutes we were back at the motel. Meghan went to sleep on the bed. I kissed her on the cheek and leaned against the wall. I needed to do something for her. For all she's been through.
"I need to make her happy". 
-----------------
Hey guys!
Hope you liked this chapter! I liked writing it! By the way, thank you all for 1k reads! I'm so thankful! Love all who are reading!
Love,
Delaney