Chapter Eight-Kennedy and the candidates; 1960; (Part 8)

~~~

While Brown as well as his wife, Bernice Layne, (b?), had 4 children: Barbara Layne Brown [Casey]  July 13, 1931; Cynthia Arden Brown [Kelly] October 19, 1933-); Edmund Gerald ("Jerry") Brown, Jr. April 7, 1938-); and Kathleen Lynn Brown September 25, 1945-), had successful career, by 1958, Brown was on "What's My Line?", a popular game show, (this was to boost his power base with TV viewers).

~~~

Stuart Symington, (June 26, 1901 – December 14, 1988), another candidate for the 1960 Presidential election, was born in Amherst, Massachusetts...but was raised in Baltimore, Maryland...By 1923, Symington was a Yale graduate...

      He was part of the  Phi Chapter of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity; and the  the Elihu senior society. And the  Yale Daily News board.

~~~

By 1918, (during the last year of WWI), Symington enlisted in the United States Army. After several years, he got the rank of " Second Lieutenant", and was discharged with honor.

~~~

By 1923, aged 22, Symington worked for The Symington Company, (for his Uncle). He did this for awhile. The Company was based in Rochester, New York, selling "Malleable iron products". By 1925, he founded "Eastern Clay Products"; by 1927, Symington came back to his Uncle's company as "Executive Assistant to the President". With such a lofty title, Symington wanted more than grinding the waves of iron making. The next lesson was increasing his prominence in politics. But first he headed into the US Military.

         By 1930, Symington became  President of the Colonial Radio Corporation. By 1935, (four years before WWII), he was President of the Rustless Iron and Steel Corporation. By 1937, Rustless Iron and Steel Corporation had been taken over by  American Rolling Mill Company. By 1938, Symington was President of  Emerson Electric Company, based in  St. Louis, Missouri. When Adolf Hitler ilegally invaded Poland because he wanted to kill Jews in 1939, he begun the new war. His company then build airplane gun turrets for the US Military to attack the Führer.

~~~

Page 8

The JFK Files: A non-fiction book by Robert Helligerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें