Chapter Forty-Nine-Death of a President II; (November 22, 1963)

~~~Quote: X (Donald Sutherland) to Jim Garrison, (Kevin Costner): "The organizing principle of any society, Mr. Garrison, is for war...The authority of the state over its people resides in its war powers...Kennedy wanted to end the Cold War in his second term...He wanted to call off the moon race and cooperate with the Soviets. He signed a treaty to ban nuclear testing...He refused to invade Cuba in 1962. He set out to withdraw from Vietnam. But all that ended on the 22nd of November, 1963"; (Oliver Stone's "JFK", 1991)~~~

"AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS"

After Cronkite was replaced by Robert "Bob" Trout, (October 15, 1909 - November 14, 2000), and Roger Mudd, (February 9, 1928-), the debacle meant that Cronkite kept his job...and order was restored. *While both Mudd and Trout had had exemplary careers, Mudd asked US Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy: "Senator, why do you want to be president?", on November 4, 1979, (and about the " Chappaquiddick incident" from 1970), during a CBS TV special about the 1980 Presidential election against James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr., (b. October 1, 1924-)...but the Senator was quote: "Vague; unprepared", unquote.

      And that's why the Senator lost: The votes:  50% to Carter; 38% to Kennedy.

~~~

Page 49