Chapter Twenty-Two-The Cuban Missile Crisis; October 15, 1962

~~~Quote: "Let every nation know...whether it wishes us well or ill...that we shall pay any price...bear any burden..meet any hardship...support any friend...oppose any foe, to assure the survival, and the success of liberty", unquote, Assassinated US President John F(itzgerald) Kennedy, (May 29, 1917-November 22, 1963)~~~

I

"The October crisis of Cuba", happened sixteen days before Halloween. This important political, social, and economic, (as well as) military act of force against America, damned the South American country to hell.

It was proved to be a thorn in America's side; it proved to be the penultimate show of power to show The West that they weren't "The World's sheriff"; Cuba was the Sheriff. Yet, such vision of power was skewed by an increasingly violent, (and erratic) Castro who wielded terror-and loyalty-to anyone who served his Cabinet. And, for the Cuban people, he was a polarising figure, (just like the late Baroness Thatcher did in 1979-90 when she led England also seventeen years' after the Cuba missile crisis in 1962).

II

Castro needed help to defeat President John F(itzgerald) Kennedy. He decided to get help from Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev, April 15 1894 - September 11, 1971. Khrushchev, who grew up in Kalinovka, (part of the Ukraine and Russia); Kalinovka, (who worked as a metalworker), headed into politics. He, and Lazar Moiseyevich Kaganovich, 22 November- 1893 - 25 July 1991), were part of The Politiburo.

Lazar's brother Mikhail Kaganovich was already heavily involved. The Bolshevik Party was his way into Russian political life in 1911. By 1915, he was arrested at Kabany. By March and April of 1917, Kaganovich became the Chairman of the Tanners Union, and the Yuzovka Soviet Vice-President. After heading a mission in Saratov, (August, 1917), he led the Polessky Committee, (in Belarus); he also led the Homel Revolt, (during "The October Revolution").

By 1918, Kaganovich was the Red Army Commissar. He was Chairman of "The Ispolkom of the Nizhny Novgorod gubernia", (May 1918-August, 1919); he was also the Voronezh gubernia Governor, (1919-20). Lastly, he fought against the (basmachi), or "Muslim rebels", (Turkmenistan). It was a fight the Russians easily won.

~~~

Page 22

The JFK Files: A non-fiction book by Robert Helligerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें