Chapter Fifty-One-Jim Garrison (I); November 22, 1963

~~~Quote: "The CIA could not face up to the American people...and admit that its former employees had conspired to assassinate the President... So, from the moment Kennedy's heart stopped beating, the Agency attempted to sweep the whole conspiracy under the rug", unquote, "Earling Carothers" Jim Garrison, New Orleans Parish District Attorney, (1961-73); Democrat politician; author; actor in "JFK", 1991, directed by Oliver Stone~~~

I

"Jim, the President is dead", a collegue said as Jim Garrison sat in his hot Louisiana District Attorney's office.

     He sat up straight from rifling through legal papers on his desk. The fan was blowing. He shuddered. He adjusted his glasses, then wondered what the hell was going on. The President couldn't be dead; The President was in Dallas, Texas with his wife, and political heavyweights...And his bodyguard...And the driver...

     ...He finished his legal work. Then he grabbed his coat. And the keys to the office...as well as his wallet, and other items, and closed his Louisiana legal office...And, by the day was through, he would be embroiled in one of the biggest political messes since The Cuba Missile Crisis of 1962....and the McCarthy hearings in the 1950's.

II

Jim grew up in the small town of Denison in Iowa. After his Mom's divorce, they relocated to the Southern state of New Orleans, Louisiana.

       During WWII, Garrison served under The US National Guard. Then, in 1949, he studied at Tulane Law School, and passed the bar. Garrison then was part of the FBI. But, for a brief period, he went back to National Guard work; Garrison suffered from, quote, "...Severe, and disabling, psychoneurosis which interfered with his social and professional adjustment, to a marked degree. He is considered totally incapacitated from the standpoint of military duty, and moderately incapacitated in civilian adaptability", according to a unnamed US Army doctor.

      But, then another US Army doctor said, quote: "...Garrison should collect 10% permanent disability", unquote; a US Army Surgeon, was also quoted about Garrison, "...Found him to be physically qualified for federal recognition in the National Army". But, despite various recommendations, Jim Garrison's Military career was over.

III

From 1954-58, Garrison who already knew of the Communist threat, (and the McCarthy hearings), worked for the Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles law firm. By the time the end of the 1950's drew to a close, author Robert (Albert) Bloch, (April 5, 1917 – September 23, 1994), published "Psycho", (based on the Edward Theodore "Ed" Gein (August 27, 1906– July 26, 1984), murder case, (which was filmed by Sir Alfred (Joseph) Hitchcock, KBE), (13 August 1899 – 29 April 1980), and Shirley (Hardie) Jackson, (December 14, 1916 – August 8, 1965), published "The Haunting of Hill House", (filmed by Robert (Earl) Wise, (September 10, 1914 – September 14, 2005), as "The Haunting", (1963), made their names for themselves, like Mr. Wise did in his horror and Academy Award winning movies like "West Side Story", (1961); and the controversial "The Sound of Music", (1965), (because of the Nazi themes).

         And, while the early 1960's had had arrived, the conservatism of the 1950's had had vanished, and a new kind of violence swept America...that was fuelled by shadowy Government figures who wanted to keep secret their own agendas...away from The White House...And, especially, from the eyes of the now assassinated 35th US President of The United States: John F(itzgerald) "Jack" Kennedy.

~~~

Page 51