Chapter Fifty-Nine-The Warren Commission II; Nov 22 1963-4

~~~Quote: "On what basis is it claimed that two shots caused all the wounds? It seemed to me that Governor Connally's statement negates such a conclusion. I could not agree with this statement", Special Agent to President John (Fitzgerald) Kennedy, Kenneth Patrick O'Donnell, (March 4, 1924 – September 9, 1977); from page 277 of "The Zapruder Film: Reframing JFK's Assassination", 2003 by  Professor of History (Wisconsin; Ret.), (David R Wrone)~~~

I

Warren had success in the late 19th century with legal cases involving African Americans and whites. By the 20th century, he made his name winning cases for a long time.

II

Warren, a Vice President Republican candidate, was the 14th Chief Justice of United States, (1953), (in the last year of the Korean War).

III

Warren, a POW in WWII, the Pearl Harbor Japanese attack, (December, 1941), threatened America; in his 1977 memoirs, Warren wrote: Quote: "The Japanese situation as it exists in this state today may well be the Achilles heel of the entire civilian defence effort..Since deeply regretted the removal order and my own testimony advocating it...Because it was not in keeping with our American concept of freedom, and the rights of citizens...Whenever I thought of the innocent little children who were torn from home, school friends, and congenial surroundings, I was conscience-stricken. It was wrong to react so impulsively, without positive evidence of disloyalty", unquote.

IV

From 1938-1942, Warren's war effort led to him taking down illegal gamblers on ships. He then cemented his credentials by overseeing the assassination of JFK, two decades later.

~~~

Page 59