Chapter Ten-Kennedy and the other candidates; 1960; (Part Ten)

~~~

Symington was involved in many things: The Convair B-36 planes; the the Berlin Airlift; and was heavily involved in the United States Air Force Academy. Symington stood down in 1950. After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941,  scientist Robert Opperheimer dropped bombs on Asia in 1945. The nuclear fallout paved the way for international pressure between The West and The East.

~~~

      US President Truman also ignited controversy over the Roswell landing in New Mexico in 1947. The impending threat by "aliens" was so damning that the average "Alien hunter" trespassed on the so-called "Area 51" US Army testing site in the Nevada desert to see whether any aliens were house in the grey colored hangars that had "super secret planes", (ie. early versions of what modern soldiers know as "drones").

~~~

US President Kennedy was still young back then. He wouldn't make an impact until much later on. He was a boy when Joseph McCarthy had had his "Communist hearings", (which 'blacklisted' every actor and actress and movie studio bosses in Hollywood who sides with "The Enemy"). Kennedy knew that the fallout was ruinous for America and created a "chasm of dread". He hated that. He was progressive; he wanted to be "inclusive"-not "excluding" anyone.

       The way forward was through siding with the African-American communities, who were led by Rosa Parks and the Rev. Martin Luther, King, Jr., in the mid-1950's...and towards the early 1960's...and also included Malcolm X.

~~~

Page 10