Chapter Forty-Two-Dallas, Texas II; November 22, 1963

~~~Quote: "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie...deliberate...contrived and dishonest, But the myth, persistent...persuasive and unrealistic", Assassinated US President John F(itzgerald) Kennedy, (May 29, 1917-November 22, 1963)~~~

I

The motorcade moved forward.

     President Kennedy, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, John Connally, and Nellie Connally, and VP LBJ, all headed from  Carswell Air Force Base, towards  Dallas Love Field Airport.

II

They all would attend The Dallas Trade Mart lunch.

      Kenneth Patrick O'Donnell, (March 4, 1924 – September 9, 1977), was the President's "appointment's secretary". He served from 1961-3. Then, worked for Robert Kennedy in 1968. After Robert's assassination, he worked under Hubert Horatio Humphrey, Jr., (May 27, 1911 – January 13, 1978), the 38th US President of the United States. He was a Democrat Minnesota Senator. Apart from being a Majority Whip, he was the Minneapolis, Minnesota Mayor post WWII, (1945-8); he was the founder of Americans for Democratic Action; and the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party. Humphrey lost to US Republican President Richard Milhous Nixon in 1968, and had a strong political career.

III

The group were due to arrive at 12:15 PM.

     US White House Detail Winston G. Lawson, (Special Agent),  and Forrest V. Sorrels, worked the "route" on November 14, (ten days' before the assassination). They decided on Love Field that went through Main Street, and ending along the Stemmons Freeway.

     With a "political fund raiser" in Austin, Texas, everyone was happy. Or so they seemed. The crowds were waving US flags; the media were on the scene; the TV coverage, (as well as newspaper and radio), news was massive...And, on that one fateful day, (November 22, 1963), would go down into the US crime annuals for all the wrong reasons.

IV

Through Main Street there is Elm Street, (home in 1984 of Freddy Kreuger in Wes Craven's cult horror movie).

       But this Elm Street was the scene of a real horror show. Near Dealey Plaza was The Texas School Book Depository, (where Lee Harvey Oswald, October 18, 1939 – November 24, 1963), who was arrested for the assassination of the President while he was watching a movie in a cinema. *More on Oswald and other people involved in the crime will be in upcoming chapters*.

~~~

Page 42