My turn to cook (Fem!Italy x reader)

fem!Italy x reader

You set off the fire alarm for the ninth time tonight. Alice tried to keep a smile.

"How about I cook again?" Alice asked sweetly. You just responded by putting your hand over her mouth. Ever since you moved in With your girlfriend, she'd been making dinner, but today you felt like she deserved a break. Even though it was 200 times more stressful watching you cook than actually cooking herself. But you meant well so Alice didn't say anything against it. 

"You've been making dinner for almost a year. It's my turn to make dinner." You said with determination. You'd probably wasted two concert tickets (why is that a legitimate way to measure money?) worth of food by now. Alice started to get nervous and took your hand away from her face.

"Ok. How about I help you? That way, you're still making dinner and neither of us have to spend the night at the hospital." Alice suggested. You shrugged and nodded.

"We'll start easy. Here's instructions on how to make pasta." Alice handed you a paper and you sat down at the table and started reading it. Most of it seemed fairly easy, but the last two instructions seemed weird.

(Last two are only to be done after dinner)

Turn to you Italian girlfriend.

Say yes.

You shrugged it off. Ok. Put a pot full of water on the stove. You took out a pot and filled it up with water then placed it on the stove.

Ok, what's the next step?...

You looked over the paper. Ok. Put the raw pasta noodles in the pot. You carelessly threw the pasta noodles in the pot.

Wait...? Wait for how long? This is the important stuff.... Whatever, I'll just cook meatballs while I'm waiting... Nah, too much work.

You waiter a minute then gave up and started making meatballs, Which you eventually burnt and had to throw out. ((If you're vegetarian like me you can just skip over the meatball part.))

You checked on the pasta again and it still wasn't done, so you just lied down on the floor for a bit ((relatable.)) Once the pasta was finally done, you took it out and put it on plates, You found pasta sauce and just kind of threw that on there. You were still a bit confused about the last two instructions but you just kind of placed the plate in front of Alice and then took your plate and sat down at your spot. You didn't really talk much during dinner, it was actually kind of awkward until you spoke up, still looking down at your food.

"Hey what do the last two instructions mean?" You asked.

"Look at me." Alice replied. You looked over at Alice you was holding a small box. You felt tears of joy start to fall down your cheeks as you smiled and tried not to scream in excitement.

"So, ______________. What's the last step?" Alice smiled.

"Yes!" You squealed and hugged Alice.

"I love you." Alice giggled.

"I love you too."