Chapter 21: Lance

Lance saw Lauren come out of the house. Her eyes had been swollen, or so Lance had thought.

He had just gotten back home from his new work and he sees some action already. He didn't really know what was going on.

He walked in and he saw his mom brooming the kitchen. "Hey, Mom."

Laura looked up from her work and ran over to Lance. "Hey, sweetie. How did it go?"

"It went fine, Mom. It's just a lot of work, but a busboy is better than nothing."

"Okay, baby. Have you eaten anything?"

"Yes, Mom. Thanks though."

"Okay, sweetie. If you need anything, I'm here."

"Okay. Thanks."

Lance walked away shaking his head. His mother was too nice for her own good. She always took care of him and Landon. She was the kind of person who put other before herself. And if anyone needed help, she was always there to help.

Lance walked up the stairs. He looked to the top of the staircase. He had wanted to go straight to his room, but then he hadn't seen Lance in a while. Ever since he had gotten a new job, Lance had to work early, and he couldn't run with Landon anymore.

As soon as he got to the top of the staircase, he knocked on Landon's door.

"Come in," he heard Landon say.

Lance opened the door and walked in slowly. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," Landon answered him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Landon tried to give him a smile.

Lance knew his brother better than anybody else. He knew that there was something wrong. "Come on, Landon. I know you better than anybody. I'm your brother, for Pete's sake."

Lance saw that Landon was thinking about the whole thing. He saw how Landon's nose always crinkled slightly whenever he was thinking about the pros and cons about a situation. That's Landon for you, Lance thought. Always thinking things through.

Lance saw how Landon turned his head to where he thought Lance was.

"You have to promise you won't tell Mom." he said, almost sounding like a threat.

"Only if you tell me." Lance answered.

"No, Lance. You have to promise me you won't tell her. If you don't promise me that, I'm not telling you anything."

Lance looked at him with a weird expression on his face. Landon never made him promise to not tell their mom. Never once had he asked for something similar. So this had to be of huge proportions. Lance sighed.

"Okay, okay. I promise I won't tell Mom."

Landon looked relieved and then he sighed. "This morning, Uncle Bryan and I went jogging. It was like any other day."

"Okay." Lance nodded.

"When we finished the jog, Uncle Bryan went home, and I went to sit down on a bench in the park, the one I always sit on. There I found Lauren. We kind of talked and I asked her if I could 'trace' her face. And she answered yes. And she really is beautiful. I've never seen anybody so beautiful.

"We talked some more and then later, she told me that I had to go meet her parents, which we did. Kyle, her dad, was pretty amazing. It's like he had known I was blind. But then Cindy, Lauren's mom, she- she didn't know."

"Okay. So what if she didn't know?"

"Lance...she-she insulted me full force."

"What?!?! What do you mean?"

Blind Love (Edited)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara