Chapter 40: Cindy Reyes

Cindy stayed in her home with her parents. They weren't home at this moment so she was free to think about everything that had happened. She didn't want to go back to her house. She didn't want to see her ungrateful daughter.

She was so disappointed. Her own daughter had turned against her all for a blind boy. The last time she had been encountered with a blind boy, she had lost him to her best friend. That's what made her hate blind guys. Never once had it passed through her head that the blind young man was the least guilty out of everything.

Her supposed best friend had poisoned the Harold's , the blind young man that had set his eyes on Cindy, against her. With Cindy, she was an angel, but once Cindy was gone, the bad talking would start. That was how she got Harold to fall for her instead, even after he had felt something very strong for Cindy. It wasn't until later that Harold found out that what the supposed best friend was saying was all false. It had already been too late.

But she wasn't going to think about that. Not now when all she wanted to do was not think about anything. She didn't want to remember what had happened.

Although she felt that what she was doing was wrong, she couldn't go back. Her vanity was too strong.

All she wanted was Landon and Lauren separated. There was nothing that she wanted more. That Landon boy was going to hurt her and when he did, she would be the first to say 'I told you so' in her face. She was stupid enough to go off and be his friend. Now that he was her friend, all he would do is play with her feelings. He practically had her wrapped around his finger.

"How can she be so stupid?! All he's going to do is take advantage of her. And of course she's going to let him with the whore she is. I mean what did she do last time?" she spat out.

"Who are you talking about?" her father asked.

"Nobody, Daddy. No one."

"You're talking about Lauren aren't you?" he paused for her answer, but there was silence. "Let me tell you one thing, Cindy. That girl is amazing and she knows what she's doing. She is not a whore. You talk about my granddaughter like that again, you will get slapped.

And so what if she's friends with a blind young man. Just because you're mad at Harold for doing what he did to you doesn't mean that you're going to act like a bitch to your own daughter and her friend. I'm sorry to talk like this but you are very stubborn and if you don't go apologize to that young man and Lauren, I will kick you out of this house myself. And don't even think about coming back."

"Daddy, you wouldn't."

"Try me. I swear to everything I have that I will kick you out of here without even thinking it twice. Stop being a bitch and go back home. I may be your father, but as that I have the right to tell you the truth."

"Are you serious?!"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?! So get out now. Go get your stuff and go back home and if I find out that you're treating my granddaughter and her friend like shit, I swear I will go over there myself and treat you the same way."

"Dad?"

"I'm serious. Go get your things. Go get your suitcase and leave. I'm not going to tell you again."

Cindy knew he was serious and so she went to her room and placed the only things that she had taken out of her suitcase back in there and took it to the car. "Why are you doing this to me?" she asked her dad.

"Because you're acting like a little girl who has no family. And you have a husband and two kids. Act like a woman."

"Dad I ---"

"I don't care. Go right now."

Cindy looked back at her father. She was going to start arguing with him but she knew better and so she just went in her way instead. All she wanted to do was hit something. Her father had never talked to her like that. Ever.

She screwed up big time and she knew it. But her dad wasn't really going to change her mind about anything. There was going to be nothing that would change her mind. Lauren was nobody to her right now.

As she drove, she thought about all she could do to get back at Lauren. Everything left her thinking and plotting against her own daughter. Her own pride was impeding her to come to her senses. All she wanted was to take revenge. Her plan was to take revenge on an innocent girl.

She got to her house and parked in her driveway. She didn't think anyone was expecting her so she guessed she would have a complete surprised reaction when they saw her. She had missed them terribly but she couldn't go back. Again, her own pride played a huge part in that decision. She made her way to the door and knocked on it. She immediately heard the stirring and the footsteps approaching the door.

Lauren opened the door and the look of shock was evident in her face. "Mom. Hi."

Cindy saw that Emileigh and Kyle were inside and instead of answering something to her own daughter, she ignored her and went straight to her husband and her sister.

Lauren was left at the door, shocked and angry at the same time. Lauren had known Cindy was mad, but this was just taking it too far. Lauren closed the door behind her and went straight to her room.

Emileigh wanted to go after her bu Cindy prohibited her from getting up. But Emileigh didn't care and she was going to give her sister a piece of her mind.

"It was better when you weren't here. Honestly, I'm sure that the only reason you're back was because Daddy bad mouthed you like he rarely does. Doesn't feel so good, does it? What the hell are you doing, Cindy? She's your daughter not some random girl that you can humiliate and make less of every time you see her." Emileigh reprimanded her sister.

Cindy didn't say anything. She smirked and nothing else. Then Emileigh did something that she had never done before.

Emileigh slapped Cindy across the face..hard. As she got up and left, Cindy lunged for Emileigh but Kyle caught her. "You deserved that. If she hadn't slapped you then, I think I would have done it myself."

She couldn't believe what Kyle, her own husband had said. The sting on her cheek was still super strong. It felt like a million bees had stung her cheek.

Kyle turned Cindy violently towards him. Then the attack began. "What the hell are you doing to your own daughter, Cindy?!?!?! She's your daughter!! Do you not understand that?! I thought that you were different because you had always been so sweet and you could see the love in your eyes. What the fuck are you doing now?"

"Kyle, you're hurting me." she said innocently.

"I'm hurting you?! Are you fucking serious right now?! Look, sooner or later you're going to learn your lesson, but that's my daughter up there and I don't care what issues you have with your pride or your vanity or anything of that. Our daughter means more than that. She's always more important than anything else. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve to live under the same roof as all of us."

"You're serious? You'd leave me?"

"I'm serious. But I wouldn't leave you. You would be the one who has to leave. I would be kicking you out and if you don't like that, you are free to leave now."

With that, Kyle walked out and left Cindy there. Why is everyone being so mean to me? she thought. I'm not doing anything wrong.