Chapter 32: Thinking

Lauren woke up a few hours later. She was about to freak out when everything that had happened a few hours ago came rushing back to her.

She remembered coming to Landon's house and telling him everything about the dream. When she sat up, she looked around and saw that Landon was sleeping on the couch next to the couch she was sleeping on.

She smiled despite herself. He had held her when she was scared to death. She knew it was only a dream, but it seemed so real to her. The dream felt super real to her and that was the reason that she had gotten so scared. Usually, a bad dream would leave her shaken but not as bad as this one felt. It had literally felt like she was drowning. She woke up with a gasp and maybe it was because she had stopped breathing or something, but she had never had a dream as vivid as the one she had had only a few hours ago.

She had to leave, she knew, but she didn't want to. Not after all that Landon did for her. I mean, who would have gotten up and let me in back in Santa Barbara? she thought. I think nobody would have and Landon did just that.

"Damn," she whispered. "You're one hell of a guy Landon Valentine."

She glanced at him every once in a while. He was definitely making his way to bringing down all the walls she had around her heart. He was becoming important to her. And she was scared of what would come when the day that she realized that he was truly important to her came. She was scared of getting hurt again, like she had been years ago. But she trusted him. She trusted him because of all that he had done for her.

Lauren needed a watch to see what time it was. She went to the kitchen since she knew that the microwave had a digital clock. It read 8:10. Holy moly, she thought. It's pretty late.

When she went back to the living room had already woken up. "Lauren?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm here." she answered.

Landon got up from the couch and stretched. Lauren watched as he walked over to her.

When he accidentally bumped into her, he automatically extended both his arms out to steady her. "Sorry." he said.

"It's okay." Lauren said.

Landon stayed still and he realized then that his arms were still on her waist. "Ooh. Sorry about that."

Lauren looked down as he removed his hands. "It's fine."

Lauren looked at him. She loved how his eyes just seemed to glow now. Of course, there was still a hint of pain, the pain that would never go away, but they held much more happiness.

"What?" he asked. "What's going on? Why are you so quiet?"

Lauren laughed. "Everything is fine. Stop asking me so many questions."

"Sorry. It's just that when someone gets quiet, I get all nervous. Because I don't know what's going on."

"Oh,I see."

She looked back at the microwave and it read 8:20. She looked at Landon and said, "Landon, I have to go. My dad will probably freak out when he finds out I'm not home."

"Yeah, sure. I understand." he said.

Lauren was walking away before she turned around and she went back to Landon. She kissed his cheek. "Thanks for everything. I know it was super late, but you still got up for me. Thanks. I really appreciate it."

Landon was frozen. "Ummm...yeah. You're welcome. Don't worry about it."

Lauren smiled and said a bye before walking out the door. She went to her house and rung the doorbell, since she didn't have the keys with her. Her dad opened the door. He let her come in then he asked her, "Where were you? I thought you were asleep."