Bonus Chapter #2: Landon and Lauren's Wedding

I hope everyone enjoys this bonus chapter. After uploading the chapter about his proposal, I thought uploading their wedding was fitting. Also...the above image is the dress that Lauren is wearing. I found it and fell in love with it immediately. Now that I have started these bonus chapter things, I have so many ideas for a bunch of them lol. But I will calm down and just add these two for now. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landon looked up at the ceiling. Today was the day that Lauren would become his wife. Today was the beginning of a life together. To say that he was nervous was the understatement of the year. It had already been four years together and he had finally had the courage to propose to her. Remembering her face of joy when he got on one knee and showed her the ring was something that he would never forget. She had made him the happiest man on earth with her yes. 

Last night had been one of talking. They talked about what the future held. While he was proud that Lauren had become a nurse, he missed having her around. More often than not, she would come home late and with very little time to rest. He didn't mind though. He was always more than ready to just hug her tight after she got out of the shower. There were times when she didn't want to talk at all, but other times, she would just open up to him. Eventually, she would dose off, sometimes in the middle of the sentence, but he made sure to enjoy the little time he had with her. Sometimes, he couldn't help but study her as she slept. He knew that it was a tad bit creepy, but now that he had regained his sight, the fear of losing it stayed with him. He wanted to memorize every detail of her face. He often kissed her temple right before he dosed off to bed. More often than not, he woke up to an empty space. 

Throwing the blankets off of him, he finally decided to get up. It wouldn't look good if he was the one that was late to his own wedding. He didn't mind waiting for Lauren, but he didn't want to make her worry if he wasn't there yet. Knowing her, she would probably start having second thoughts, worrying about whether or not he got cold feet. He'd probably go through the same process. He'd been so sure that he had wanted to spend the rest of his life with her since the first time that he realized how strong his feelings were. 

The suit was hanging from the shower curtain. It had been the only place that he had thought of as the perfect to hang his suit. He hadn't seen Lauren try on her dress, and that was why he was now in his mother's house. Laura had gone to his and Lauren's apartment to help her get dressed. Lauren believed that if the groom saw the bride in the dress before the wedding, it was bad luck. So here he was, nervous as hell and happier than he had ever been in a while. So many emotions had been taking over him, especially since the date grew closer. 

He moved the suit out of the way so that he could take a quick shower. Being dirty on the big day was something that he wasn't planning on being. Everything about today needed to be semi-perfect. He knew that there was no such thing as perfect, but there had to be an attempt. Especially for his wife to be. 

Once he was ready, he looked at himself in the mirror. It was a great day but without his father here, there would always be something missing. He would have given anything to have his father here. Landon knew that his dad would have been so happy that he found a great woman to marry. Liam would have loved Lauren. Landon knew that there were so many things he would have loved. It was killing him to not have him here but he knew that he would always be with him in spirit. 

Once he was ready, he made his way down the stairs and into the living room to grab his keys. When he exited the building, he found that Bryan and Lance were outside waiting for him dressed in their suits. His nervousness died down a bit once he saw the familiar faces. Bryan didn't need to worry about anything, he had already been married for four years. One could tell that Bryan and Emileigh were still as in love as the day that they were married. It was such an honor to have known their love story.