Chapter 55: Epilogue

"Angela, come here!!" Bryan screamed. He heard immediately the sound of her little feet on the floor she ran out and squealed as he ran after her.

"No, Daddy!! No!! Go that way! Go that way!! I don't want to go back!!" Angela screamed. She refused adamantly to go back to her mother's side.

Lauren was standing in the living room, making sure that everything was ready and set up. "Lauren! Lauren!" Angela screamed. "Help me."

Lauren laughed and picked up the three year old in her arms. "Hey, sweetheart. Where's your brother?"

"With my mommy. Daddy wants me to go, too."

Lauren looked up and saw Bryan coming her way with an amused expression on his face. Then she turned back to Angela. "You should probably go and go with your mommy. You know she's my aunt."

Angela nodded. "Where's Landon, your husband?"

"He's out there somewhere."

"Okay."

"I'm sure he would want you to go with your mommy. He would want you to follow your daddy and go with him."

Angela pouted her lips and thought hard about it. "Okay."

Lauren handed her to her father. Bryan then took her in his arms and held her up in the air before bringing her back down to his arms again. "Let's go little one."

Lauren watched them go. Bryan turned out to be a great father. She couldn't believe it had already been six years since Bryan and Emileigh got married. She looked down at her baby bump. She was eight and a half months along. It was her first child. Landon and her had married exactly two years ago. She was a nurse now. She still painted everyday, and she sold some of her paintings to the people that wanted to buy them, but her actual career was being a nurse. There was nothing about it she didn't love. Of course, there were patients who were in very bad condition and there was nothing she could do to help them, but in many occasions the patient's family would thank the doctor and also her, because she had been so nice to them. She occasionally gave the patients one of her own paintings as a get well soon gift.

She climbed up the stairs to go to the room. She didn't understand why they had bought a house with two stories. It was amazing when she was not pregnant. She loved two story houses, but right now at this moment was not the time to have a two story house. Especially because she kind of couldn't see where the next step was. When she looked down all she saw was her tummy.

When she got to the room, Lauren went over to the closet and fished out a light cardigan sweater. It wasn't that cold, but it still made her feel chilly. She looked out the window and there she saw Landon, walking through the yard. He was so handsome in his navy blue suit. There was nothing that she wasn't happy with. As long as he was by her side, everything would be okay.

Laura knocked on the door.

"Hey, darling." Laura said.

Lauren turned away from the window to face her mother-in-law. "Hi, Laura."

"What are you doing here all alone?"

"Not much. I just wanted to get a sweater, because I'm getting goose bumps just by being downstairs."

"You could have just told me. I could have gotten up here and fished you out a sweater."

"It's fine. I made it up okay and besides. I want to be able to do things by my own. I'm pregnant not sick or anything like that. I like to be able to do things by myself sometimes. Sure, they might be more difficult, but it doesn't mean I can't do it."