Chapter 44: The Lesson

Cindy heard Lauren in the house and she immediately went downstairs to kick her out. She enjoyed it more when she saw that her blind friend was in the house too. It looked like he was talking to Kyle, probably about something stupid without importance. She kicked them both out.

Brett frowned upon it and Kyle left with him to go talk about something. She was left all alone again because Emileigh was gone. She had gone somewhere else too. Maybe it had been to look for a job.

Cindy was all alone in her house. This happened more and more often. She knew that everyone in the house were against the decision of treating Lauren like she was nothing to her. Even Brett was against that and he didn't know the whole story.

Cindy went to sit down on the couch like she usually did when she was alone. All of a sudden, her world went black. One second, everything was in front of her and the next second, everything was gone and she was left in pure darkness.

She blinked once, then twice, then thrice but nothing came back to her sight. She couldn't see anything. As hard as she tried, she couldn't see. She even tried rubbing her eyes and that didn't work.

Panic struck her. She got up and she walked around trying desperately to get her sight back. She bumped into the table and she cursed as she hit the table.

"What's going on?" she asked.

There was no answer on the other side.

"Hello!!!" she screamed louder but there was silence all around her. She was lost, confused and scared.

Suddenly, her quiet house turned into a party of voices. She couldn't tell exactly where she was. All she knew was that she was walking. She heard cars passing by and that's when it hit her. I'm in the street, she thought.

People passed all around her but she couldn't reach out. As she walked she noticed she had a cane in her hands and she could hear the whispers of some of the people on the streets.

"Look at her, acting like she's a normal person when she's not. What kind of monster does she think she is? All elegant, for what? She probably has nowhere to go."

Some people even bumped into her on purpose. There was no apology for what they had just done. It was as of she didn't even exist and that made her mad.

Without her realizing it, Cindy had ended up in a house. She knocked on the door looking for a friend. She guessed it was her friend's father who opened because it was a man's voice who was talking to her now.

"I'm looking for Sabrina." Cindy announced.

"Sure," Sabrina's father told her. "Come in and sit down while you wait for her. This is your house, too."

"Thanks, sir."

"No problem."

Cindy entered the house and waited until Sabrina came downstairs. When she did, they both were about to leave but Sabrina's mother came over to Sabrina and introduced herself. She said, "Hi I'm Lori, Sabrina's mother. Nice to meet you."

She then extended her hand towards Cindy. Cindy couldn't see where her hand was and so she had to reach out her hand and search for it. When she touched Lori's finger, Cindy took that as the sign to shake her hand.

Lori watched horrified as Cindy searched for her hand. Lori's hand was right in front of her. The only reason that existed for her not being able to locate Lori's hand was because she was blind.

"You're blind, aren't you?" Lori spat out.

"Yes, ma'am. But it's not that bad." Cindy answered.