Chapter 54: The Wedding and The Surgery

This is the last chapter before the epilogue. I hope that this was worth your time.

Today was the day. Everyone was eagerly waiting at the church. Bryan was a nervous wreck. He had on a black tuxedo, the little napkin in his shirt was a teal color. He looked around as he saw the guests arrive. There really weren't that many guests. Laura, Lance, Landon, Kyle, Brett and pretty much the whole platoon was there. They had been together for the longest time, and Bryan could not go through this day without having them by his side as well. There was always so much that needed to be done, but he was sure that he had everyone he needed in that church waiting for him and Emileigh to be married.

Landon stood next to Bryan and asked him, "How are you feeling, Uncle Bryan?"

Bryan looked at his nephew, glad that he was also here, but also doubly nervous for him too. He knew that Landon was scheduled for a surgery right after the wedding. "Nervous." he answered. "A whole lot of nervous."

"Don't worry, she'll be here."

Bryan's face turned from relatively calm to horrified. "What if she changes her mind? What if she decides that she doesn't want to get married to a messed up dude like me?"

Landon placed his hands on both of Bryan's shoulders. "Calm down. Everything will be fine. You're just freaking out, but everything will be fine. Don't sweat it."

"Thanks, kid. I'll make sure to pray for you while I'm in there."

"You can pray for me after you and Emileigh are married. Not before. I do not want you to be all distracted and whatnot."

"You're too good for me. I seriously don't understand how I ended up with such a great nephew."

"Well, I ask the same thing about you. You're pretty awesome and I am glad that you found someone to spend the rest of your life with. That's pretty awesome."

"Yeah. I am also glad that you found Lauren. Finally, you find yourself happy with the girl of your dreams. You guys make an awesome couple. I can tell that she's worried about the surgery, though. And honestly, I don't blame her. I would be super worried about you, too."

"I keep telling her that everything is going to be fine."

"Yeah. How are you feeling?"

"About the surgery? Honestly, I am freaking terrified. Lauren has been having dreams about me dying in the middle of the surgery. That's why she's so worried; that's why she's so scared. I understand her, but I need to do this. This might be the only hope I have."

"Yeah, I get you. I really don't know how she does it. I would be a mess. I would be a complete mess."

"I'm sure she is a mess. But I think she wants to be my rock during these moments. Sometimes, I hear her telling my mom that it's really hard for her to keep up with this calm and cheerful girl, but she does it because she knows that she has to be strong for me. I mean, I find it amazing that she's doing all that for me. Like, for me. I feel so blessed."

"Trust me, Landon. I understand every word that you just said to me. Emileigh is everything I wished I would find in a girl. She's really everything I need. She didn't run away from me and that is something I will always be grateful for. It is completely amazing. All of this is just surreal. I hope that she gets here soon."

Landon laughed. Bryan was definitely hanging by a thread here. He was so nervous. "Trust me, Uncle Bryan, she'll get here."

Emileigh was so nervous. She loved her dress though. It was white, of course. It was long and simple. It took on the form of a V right at her waist and then the bottom of the gown flowed out from there. It was sleeveless, but it was so beautiful that she couldn't believe that the girl in the mirror that was looking back at her was actually her. Cindy and Lauren were with her.