Chapter 46: The Start of Christmas Break

Landon wanted to do something awesome this Christmas break. He hadn't done much any of the previous years because of the fact that he had no friends, but this year, he had Lauren, so that was the reason why he wanted to do something special. And Lauren wasn't just a friend, she was the girl that he liked. It made him feel happier this Christmas.

"What are you thinking about?"Lance asked. It was the first time in a while that he was home.

"About Christmas break, how I want to spend it." Landon answered.

"Do those plans include Lauren?"

"They most likely do. I mean, she's kind of living in this house."

"What?" Lance's eyes grew big. "What do you mean she's living in our house?!"

"Lance, seriously. You haven't noticed that?"

"Yeah, yeah. I haven't seen you in a while, man. There hasn't been much brother-brother time."

"It's fine. At least you're doing something productive during that time."

"Yeah, but work isn't as important as family is."

"It's alright, Lance. We have the rest of our lives, hopefully. Anyway, we'll always be brothers. No matter how hard anyone tries, nobody's going to change that."

"That's definitely true."

"See, there's nothing to be mad about. I understand your situation."

"Seriously, dude, I wish I had more friends as understanding as you are. I mean, I don't think that's normal. Nobody I know is as understanding as you, nobody is as generous as you. You're too damn nice, Landon."

"Yeah, well, it's better than being too damn mean."

"That's true. Well I'm going upstairs to work on my homework. I got a shitload of it."

"Good luck."

Landon stayed there thinking of options. And he was coming up empty. Come on, he thought. I have to find something good to do over Christmas break. He wanted to do something with Lauren but he didn't know what to do. It was kind of sad.

The weeks before winter break had all been filled with rain. It was raining season after all. Surprisingly today, the sky was clear except for a few clouds in the sky. But it didn't look like it was going to rain.

All of a sudden, he had an idea. He knew that it would be stupid, but he had to try. He had never tried it before, of course, because he had no one to try it with.

Slowly, his feet took him towards his own room. His heart knew that Lauren was in his room. Every time, someone mentioned Lauren or he thought about the fact that she was living in his house at the moment, his heart went crazy. It went haywire and it felt as if his heart was a prisoner inside his chest trying to break free from the bars that kept it trapped.

Lightly, Landon knocked on the door and he waited for the approval from Lauren allowing him permission to enter. A few seconds later, that permission was given to Landon.

He walked into the room waiting for Lauren to speak so he knew which direction to turn to. But at the same time, he knew he didn't need her to speak. Landon felt her. It was as if he was feeling the heat that radiated from her body. He was sure that he was going crazy.

Despite his eagerness to tell Lauren his plan, he waited until Lauren spoke to him.

When she finally did speak, she said, "What's up, Landon?"

"I wanted to propose something." he started, unsure of what he was about to do. Why was he so nervous?

"Okay."