Chapter 51: Revelations

Lauren went out to the backyard. She needed air. She really just needed air. Once she reached the backyard, she opened up the door and walked out to sit there in one of the chairs. As much as she wanted to say that it had not affected her, that she hadn't loved every moment of it, she couldn't lie to herself. There was so much running through her head.

All she could think about was how he caught her, how close they were, his fingers on her face. She was going crazy. She knew she was. Her heart was still thundering in her chest. She was sure that if she didn't calm down, she would end up having to pick her heart up from the ground. There were no words that could explain everything that was gong through her whole being.

She couldn't take it anymore. There was definitely something she had to do. She had to tell him how she really felt, because if she didn't, she was sure that she was going to go crazy. It wasn't even the same feeling as it was in the beginning. She was sure that whatever it was that she had felt at the beginning, it was stronger now. Even if he didn't feel the same way for her, she had to tell him because it was eating her alive.

She took her phone out and she dialed the one person's number she knew she could trust without a doubt: her Aunt Emileigh.

She was nervous as she heard each ring. She let out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding when Emileigh picked up.

"Hey, sweetie. What's up?" Emileigh's tender voice reached Lauren's ears.

" I need to talk to you." Lauren's voice was still a bit shaky.

"Everything okay." Concern was definitely evident in Emileigh's voice.

"Yes...I promise everything is fine."

"Where do you want to meet then?"

"Anywhere. Anywhere is good."

"Okay, then for now, just meet me outside. We'll go somewhere from there."

"Okay, I'll be there right now, in about five minutes. I need to sit here for another five minutes, but I promise everything is fine. Thanks, Aunt. You're the best."

Lauren hit the call end button. She looked out to the yard, and she closed her eyes and took deep breaths in and out through her nose. Her heart needed to calm down completely before she went out there to talk to her aunt. But there would be no point in doing this now because just thinking about what happened made her heart speed up.

She walked back through the house and out the door. As she was expecting, Emileigh was out there already waiting. The first thing that Emileigh did when she saw Lauren was go up to her and wrap her arms around her niece.

"Is everything okay?"

Lauren looked up at her, and gave her a genuine smile followed by a nod.

Emileigh started walking forward. After a few minutes, they ended up in the same little restaurant that they had gone to for their "double date."

Emileigh ordered two milkshakes and then she faced Lauren, concern evident in the way that Emileigh watched her every move.

"What's going on?"

"Aunt...well, let me start from the beginning: you know how much Landon means to me and how he's been such a sweet guy. He even saved me from those thugs, which I will always be grateful for."

"Yes, keep going." she urged her.

"Well, we have this project in our English class. The assignment is to take a piece of paper telling us a few directions and turning it into our own skit...making it our own interpretation. And like always, I was paired up with Landon because everyone is still so cruel that they don't even want to work together with him. We tried it out and f it hadn't been for Lance coming in, Landon and I would have kissed."