Chapter 48: A Christmas Surprise

-----Some of this doesn't make sense, but it's okay. It's not very important to the story line.------

Emileigh had been receiving letters from Bryan all this time. It was something she cherished and through the months, she realized that she enjoyed receiving and writing the letters. She found that when she needed something to do, she could write to him. She mentioned in her letters that she knew she was being annoying but that it really helped her to write to him. His answer was always the same. He always told her that he enjoyed receiving and reading her letters and that it was the only thing that kept him sane.

She loved how there was always something she could look forward to. It made her realize that sometimes the worst circumstances brought one to some of the best circumstances ever. There was no doubt in her mind that Bryan was healing her heart, slowly but it was definitely happening.

It always helped when she talked to Lauren about what she was feeling because of what her ex boyfriend did to her. It always made her feel weird when even the thought about telling a guy the same thing crossed her mind. But she trusted Bryan, and she told him through the letter what had happened to her, why she was there in the first place.

His response took a while and that was when she had concluded that it had been the wrong thing to do, that writing to him was the worst possible thing because now he didn't want to talk to someone who was broken.

But a few days later, she received his letter. It made her cry actually and she even showed it to Lauren. It was the letter that she was reading now, on Christmas Day, the one that made her realize that she was definitely getting better. She read it almost every day:

Emileigh,

I never thought that you had been through so much. The fact that you came here to start over again from scratch just makes me admire you more. And it also makes me want to shoot the guy who hurt you in the way he did. I don't understand what the problem is with this guy. You're absolutely gorgeous, the way your eyes sparkle always made my day a little brighter. I never imagined that you had gone through something as painful as what you went through. I promise that I'll do whatever it takes to heal your heart. I'll do it. I'll make you laugh every day, carry you in my arms from places if I have to, I'll listen to you attentively when you need to talk, I'll let you cry on my shoulder if you need to. I promise you I'll do whatever it takes to heal your bruised heart. You're so beautiful and you;re so strong that it makes no sense that your heart is bruised. We need to get that heart back to its normal state, back to the heart you had when you were happy. Of course I still have to wait for you to actually allow me to do what I have said I wanted to do. And don't ever think that it was because of something you did, don't ever think it was your fault. There is absolutely not the right thing to think. If there was something wrong with someone, there was something wrong with him. I'm sorry for what happened. If I could go back in time and be there the day that he was coward enough to lay a hand on you, I would have killed him. What you need to do is keep smiling the way you had always done every time I saw you. You need to have the same resilience I saw, the same spark in your eyes. Because you're a special girl. I'm sure that everyone that meets you thinks the same thing. You might not know this but you've made my world a better place, you've changed my world for the good and I have no other real way to thank you for that. So I promise you that on Christmas, I'll give you a surprise. Hopefully, it's something you will like because I don't want to make you upset. You're one of the few people I trust. You're one of the most important people in my life and I hope you realize how much you have actually done for me just because you've been here to listen to me and to share all of these moments together. So thank you. And I promise 'll work on the healing your heart back to normal, I'll nurture it if I have to. So don't worry.