Chapter 35: Back to School

Lauren and Landon entered through the school gates together. It had been a few weeks since the accident with the two thugs. That had been put behind them all. Now Lauren and Landon were starting the first day of their senior year together.

Everyone at the school already knew that Landon was blind. No one else was with him because either they bullied him or they just left him alone, pretending that there was nothing going on. So when they saw Landon with the new girl, everyone was in shock, even Landon's ex best friend, although it surprised him less than anyone else because he recognized the girl. It was the same girl he had tried to hit on, but who rejected him.

He watched them carefully as they walked through the hallways. His gray eyes never left Lauren.

Lauren noticed that the same guy from the park was staring at her. It was creeping her out. She turned to Landon and said, "The same guy that was at the park is here. And he's staring at me."

Landon turned his head towards Lauren's voice. "He's probably going to want to get to you, because you're the first person who has actually been here. He knows how much you mean to me."

Yeah, but he doesn't know I like you, she thought, vowing that she would never let that guy know it.

"But you'll be okay, right? He won't do anything to you?"

"I'm used to it. Don't worry about it. Just be careful so that Ray won't hurt you."

"Ray is his name?"

Landon nodded. "His full name is Raymond, but I'm used to saying Ray because I got used to it. Stupid, right?"

"No," Lauren responded as she shook her head. "That just means you don't forget the people you once cared about. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Do you really think so?"

"Yeah. Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

They kept walking and she looked back to see if he was still watching her. His eyes met her eyes and a chill went down her spine. It wasn't one of those good chills, it was one of those chills that meant that they were bad people.

Lauren put that behind her and walked on with Landon. They walked throughout the whole school so that Lauren could become familiarized with the school. Landon had the school practically memorized in his head. It's like he had a blueprint of the school in his head.

"Hey, may I see your schedule?" Lauren asked Landon.

"Yes." he said, handing his schedule over to her.

Once the schedule was in her hand, Lauren started to compare the schedules. She nearly jumped through the roof when she saw that they had the same classes, in the same order.

"What's wrong?" Landon asked.

"Nothing. We have the same classes together." Lauren responded.

"Cool. Which ones?"

"All of them."

"Really? Same period and everything."

"Yup. Amazing right?"

"Yeah. Must be a sign."

At these words, Lauren's heart skipped a beat. She hoped that it wasn't obvious that she liked him. It was amazing that she had actually found someone that made her feel what she thought she wouldn't let herself feel. It was true that she had been hurt, but she was wrong in believing that all guys were the same. She was wrong in telling herself that each guy she met was going to do the same exact thing to her as her ex-boyfriend had done to her.