two

A L I C E

I woke up on this cloudy Friday morning with a really bad headache and a sore throat.

I force myself out of my cozy bed, jogging downstairs for some ibuprofen to help my headache and throat. Before I go back upstairs I grabbed a muffin and some hot chocolate my mum had made for me.

I sigh and head to my bathroom. After washing my face and pinning my hair up I change into a cream sweater and some maroon leggings. I slip on my uggs and plug in my straightener.

After straightening my hair so it's not that frizzy, I do simple makeup and grab my backpack.

School was a pain. Yeah not just because it's 7 hours of literal prison but because now I have no one. Harry's gone and I realized I had no other friends. I know I sound like a winy little girl but for real I don't know how I'll survive.

----------

*7 hours later*

A L I C E

By the time school was over it was raining. I normally walk home because my house is so close to the school.

Ugh today was getting worse and worse.

First of all, I woke up with a headache, then I got a 70 on my biology test and now I have to walk home in the rain.

I sit on a bench nearby (it was a bus stop basically so it was covered) to grab my raincoat out of my backpack. I reach in to find it and I can't. Shit I totally forgot to grab it. Now I'll get even more wet. I sigh and start to zip up my backpack. "Ok talk to you soon." a voice says as he lifts his phone from his ear. I didn't even realize there was someone next me until he spoke.

"Need help?"

I hear the same quiet voice come from a tall boy sitting on the bench I was, nearly touching my wet backpack.

I laugh softly and tuck some hair behind my ear. "No I'm just frustrated."

"Having a bad day?" He asks as I look at him.

He's gorgeous. Brown eyes, dark hair styled in a quiff, and an adorable smile. He's wearing a black shirt and simple khakis. Woah he's hot.

I didn't respond because I was so caught up in my thinking.

"I'm Shawn. I'm 16 so I promise I'm not some creep trying to kidnap you." He laughs before extending his hand.

I jump out of my thoughts and shake my head a little then extend my hand as well.

"Alice, 16 as well."

"So do you need a ride or anything?"

By now I was soaked.

I laughed softly and nodded. For some reason I was so caught up in how gorgeous he was I didn't even care that he could be some stalker. It felt like I've known him forever and I could trust him.

He stands up with me and takes my hand as I sling on my backpack. He opens up an umbrella and we start walking.

The bench was right in front of a local coffee shop so he takes me there, where apparently he was parked.

"I was getting ready to leave when my mom called me."

This is when it hit me. He's not from here. His accent is strong. Wait. That's not an american accent...?

"Oh. Not from here are you?" I blurt out.

He chuckles a little and says "Nope, I'm from Canada."

"Oh I see. Why?" I immediately regret asking. I don't want to sound nosy or something.

"My family is visiting here for Christmas. I'm missing an extra week of school so technically I'm having a 3 week break."

"That makes sense." I say climbing into his car.

When we're further along the road he asks, "What's your address so I can plug it into GPS?"

I tell him it and we remain silent until I see a small but very nice cabin all by itself in the middle of a huge plot of land.

"That's the place my family is staying in. They wanted something cozy." He says putting air quotes around "cozy".

I laugh a little and say "Oh that's crazy because my neighborhood is righttt....here." I say pointing to it as we turn into the subdivision. After a few turns we pull up to my small house. My parents are still at work so I'm by myself tonight.

"Thanks so much." I say, grabbing my bag and stepping out of his small black car.

"No problem." He says before showing that cute little smile of his. "And if you need anything, I'm right across the street."

I nod and shut the door.