forty five

OH MY GOD 3K READS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU

A L I C E

Soon enough, I lost my breaking point and tears brimmed my eyes. I shoved his hands off of me and ran to look for the nearest bathroom. I ran in to one, shutting the door and locking it. Quickly, I pulled out my phone.

I can't stay here.

"Shawn? Shawn come on come on!!" I nearly yelled at my phone, wishing he would pick up his phone.

After a ton of rings it finally went to voice mail, leaving me devastated. By now I was having a complete panic attack, wishing I had never come.

- - -

{9:30PM}

I had spent the past hour and a half, locked in bathroom, crying and waiting for a response from Shawn.

Picking up my phone, I dialed Shawn's number again, for the last time, but stopped before pressing the call button. I looked at his name in my contacts.

'king mendes'

I remember putting that in my phone when we first started dating. This suddenly gave me a burst of energy, giving me hope that the night would turn out okay.

So as I held my phone up to my ear, I anticipated hearing Shawn's soothing voice again, knowing just a simple 'i love you' would make me okay. Then suddenly the rings stopped and butterflies exploded in my stomach, relief washing over me.

"Shawn Mendes' phone?"

What? Wait..what?!

"L-Lauren?" {PLOT TWIST SHKDHAKS}

"Alice?"

"Oh god what the hell?!" I screamed in frustration, tears flying out of my eyes as I struggled to keep a grip on my phone. I almost lost it, just wanted to bang my head against the door then slide down the wall in defeat. "What are you doing on Shawn's phone?"

"Um..I'm kind of at his house right now??" Is all she said.

Out of anger at her, Shawn, and my situation, I hung up, running out of the bathroom to find Christian.

I struggled, pushing past people as they gave me weird looks, most not caring.

Then of course, I bump into the queen B.

"Watc-Alice!" She faked. I just rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time B."

"Oh why? Your little boyfriend Shawn Mendes didn't show up? Boo hoo. Have fun without me." She giggled.

"You disgust me." I told her and left, still searching for Christian.

"Christian! Christiann!" I tried to get his attention as I spotted him by the pizza.

"Wha?" He asked, a mouth full.

"Take me home..please." I begged, more tears falling from my eyes.

His happiness immediately went away and his expression changed to worry. He quickly nodded and swallowed, grabbing his phone and taking my hand. We were off and finally made it in his car.

"So what happened?" He asked as we got our seat belts on.

I started wiping away tears and calming myself down, my breathing getting normal again.

"I-I just..some senior hit on me and I got really nervous and I tried to call Shawn but then Lauren answered. So they're hanging out and like, what if Shawn is cheating and just...ugh...and B is not who I thought she'd be like."