twelve

Spent forever writing this tonight so hope you enjoy this long chapter!:)

love you <3

S H A W N

She doesn't kiss back. She just stood there, frozen. I hate myself. I just ruined my friendship with her. I pulled away and she looked at me in the eyes.

"I-I'm not ready yet." She said and I nodded.

"I-I'm sorry Alice." I said, shaking my head.

"It's okay. Your lips are soft." She laughed.

She was so cute when she laughed. Her freckles and her dimples were perfect. Her eyes crinkled and her white, straight teeth showed.

The sad thing is I don't think she feels the same way, and I'll be alone, in love my with my best friend.

A L I C E

The sad thing is I know he feels the same way, but I don't think I was ready. He didn't really love me. It couldn't be possible. He just kissed me...but do you think that was just an in the moment type of thing? I wanted this to be more but I didn't want to rush it. He would hate me.

I just smile and get in the car as we drive off.

I imagine us doing cute couple things. Sitting on each others laps while eating pizza, holding hands while one of us drives, laying side by side on our backs just listening to music, kissing on new year's. I wanted that. But it's not real love yet. I just think it is. Although everything he does is cute. How he sings with his eyes closed, how he loses his guitar pick and gets mad when I don't help him look for it, how he always has adorable flushed cheeks, and how his cheeks get all wrinkled when he smiles.

Maybe I was really falling for him, but I just didn't know it.

-------------

When we got back to the cabin I just sat down, leaning against his bed. He sat down next to me and we both started tweeting things.

'Spending the last few days of winter break with my fav @ShawnMendes'

He favourited and retweeted it. I then get tons of notifications.

'YAS OMG YOU GUYS WOULD BE SO CUTE!! #Shalice!!!" I smile. People think we would be cute?

I gained thousands of followers and got dms and a million tweets. As my mentions flood I see Shawn's tweet.

'@alicexwarner is srsly the cutest' I smile and look at him after favouriting and retweeting.

"You're cuter." I laugh. He turns off his phone and stands up to sit on his bed. "What are you doing?" I ask as he opens his computer.

"You'll see. Don't look." He says and I laugh and cover my eyes.

Within a minute he tells me I can look. I turn my head and see a document with 2 tickets for something. I didn't know what this was because I struggled to make out what it said. I stood up, bent down to Shawn's level, and looked closer.

"NO WAY!" I gasped.

I started fangirling and jumping up and down. "You're the best." I said, wrapping my arms around him from the side. He had gotten us tickets to see Ed in concert in a couple weeks. Front row!! He told me how Ed asked him if he could come to one of his shows since they were friends now and he agreed.

"I couldn't go by myself." He laughed.

"I seriously love you." I said, joking. But I think even though I was joking, it made him happy that I said that.