thirty seven

{monday}

A L I C E

"Good morning angel." His raspy voice was like music to my ears as the sound boomed out of my phone speaker. I stared at his rosy cheeks and ruffled hair. His smile was more contagious than ever and he was all cozied up in the white comforter. I admired every single one of his flaws as he spoke to me.

"Good morning Peter." I smiled back and giggled, situating myself better in my bed.

"Can I come over?"

"I have schoooool."

"I'll walk you?" He said, perking up a bit and smiling wider. I rolled my eyes and gave in to the pleading little kid I was looking at through my phone.

"Fine. Meet me in my driveway at 7:30."

"Will do my love."

"Okay I gotta go eat breakfast I'll starve." I said, covering my eyes with my hands a little then moving them away.

"Of course. See you in a bit."

"Bye Mendes!"

"Bye baby." He said, moving his arm out from under the covers and waving. I giggled then ended the FaceTime call and got myself out of bed.

I was dreading getting out of bed and facing this week for multiple reasons.

1, it's Monday.

2, Shawn starts Headline today {ik this is like a week early than when the real tour started but idc}. Which I should be happy for Shawn with his new OWN tour but he's going all the way to Switzerland for his first show and he'll be gone for a few days. So it'll suck without him.

And 3, I have to tell Lauren it's me who Shawn's dating. Why did I wait this long? Because I was too scared. And I really don't want to do this. But I'm doing it because I hate having to be friendly to her. Although recently she hasn't been talking much since the whole thing happened with her and Shawn. I hope she really regrets it when I tell her who I am.

So I drag myself out of bed and head towards the kitchen, the soft pats of my feet making sound as they hit the cold floor.

I was running my fingers through my hair and rubbing my eyes when I found my mum in the kitchen, at the island, reading a magazine. She doesn't leave for work still around 8:00 so she always waits until I leave.

"Morning." She looked up and smiled at me sweetly.

"Hi." I groaned a little. She turned her smile to frown and furrowed her brows.

"What's wrong?"

"Just...Shawn starts tour today." I said, leaning up against the island with her and looking down at my phone.

"Aw how long will he be gone?" She asked and I looked up at her.

"Like four days."

"You'll survive." She laughed, patting my shoulder. I pretended to laugh too. "Turn around there's something for you."

I followed her instructions and turned around to see something on the countertop in front of the island. It was a storage container filled to the brim. I walked over to it and read the note on top.

'to get you through this week :) may or may not have made two dozen and eaten the first dozen c: -shawn'

I smiled and laughed as I removed the lid. My eyes widened as I revealed the dozen of blueberry muffins.

"Mummmmm!!" I squealed and spun around. "He made me muffins!!"

"Yeah he brought those by last night once you were asleep." She smirked a little.