fifteen

* short but sad / cute chapter *

also, tysm for 200 reads!! please share this with anyone who likes shawn :)

songs of the chapter (listen to these while reading) //

1. memories - shawn
2. shawn's cover) all of the stars - ed sheeran
3. running low - shawn

enjoy this chapter my friends!!

A L I C E

{previously}

The night kept going on and we kept talking and just walking together. Eventually, it was 11:55 and we started heading towards the center of the plaza where people were crowding.

"I'm so excited." He said as we took a seat on a bench.

"Me too!" I said.

My phone buzzed.

'New Year's Eve well spent with @alicexwarner '

I smiled and tweeted pictures as well.

"ONE MORE MINUTE!!" I yelled and we stood up. People were counting down. He squeezed my hand and we stood in front of each other, looking each other in the eyes.

"5....." He started.

"4...." I said in response.

"3...." We leaned in closer, our noses almost touching. I could feel his breath on my face.

"2...."

{present}

Everyone started screaming. He skipped the number one because I cut him off. I grabbed his cheek with my hand and kissed him. He pulled me closer and I wrapped my hands around his neck. Our lips moved together and it was perfect. The fireworks began, which made it more perfect. After like a minute, I didn't want to let go but we were both out of breath. I looked at him and smiled. He just pulled me into his chest and I was engulfed by his warmth. People were bumping us and walking around us, trying to get a better view of the fireworks. He just squeezed me and pulled me in tighter and closer. My cold, flushed cheeks were warmed by his coat.

We finally let go and smiled.

"You're like the queen (king sounded weird) of perfect moments." I said to him. He just laughed and blushed a little. We walked towards a little patch of grass that was in the same direction of a small little parking lot. People had blankets and chairs to watch the fireworks. We found a spot and sat down, our lays stretched and crossed in front of us. I put my hands behind me to prop myself up and Shawn put one arm around me and I fell into his chest. We watched as the fireworks went off. It was so nice. No matter how cold it was or how this was wrong, I didn't care. I loved being with him. He comforted me. But in the back of my mind, I just kept thinking, we're just friends. Friends with benefits.

S H A W N

The kiss was so perfect. I've never had a New Year's kiss before. And I couldn't ask for a better first one. I'm not sure what this meant, but I didn't want to rush this. I hope that meant she feels the same way I do. I'm slowly falling in love.

We watched the fireworks and decided it was time to leave. We started heading towards the tube station and grabbed each other's hands. When we got on the train we had to stand up because all the seats were filled. We didn't talk much, just enjoyed each others company and tweeted some things.

When we finally started walking home, I looked at her. "So..about the kiss...."

She suddenly looked a little nervous. It was quiet for a few seconds.