ten

song of the chapter //
Temporary Fix - One Direction (my babies)

A L I C E

The car ride there was really short. I kept my head down, my eyes glued to my phone. I didn't look up until literally less than 5 minutes later my dad pulls on the breaks as we pull into a driveway. I wasn't aware where we were until I snapped my head up to see a small cute modern cabin.

Shawn.. ..

This .. this is where Shawn is staying ..

My mouth drops as my dad hops out of the car.

I hurry out and get my stuff before making my way to the door. This is going to make life so easier I'd be staying with Shawn until he leaves!! Mentioning him leaving makes me disappointed but I shake it off and stand up straight before ringing the doorbell and my dad trails behind me.

The door opens to a smiling tall man. "Hey Mr. Warner! Right in here." he says, motioning us inside.

Shawn's mum was on the couch and she stands up, not realizing it was me until she sees me smiling.

"Alice! Oh what a small world!" she says, hugging me.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes."

My dad just stands there, looking confused.

"Dad, I know them because Shawn's one of my friends." I say, turning to my dad. He nods and I ask, "Is Shawn here?"

"Right upstairs." She says.

"Thanks." I say, carrying my stuff upstairs.

S H A W N

A door bell rings and it makes me jump but I know my mum will get it so I don't bother. Some chatter continues downstairs then I here someone walking up. Probably my mom.

"What mum?" I ask, sliding off my bed, heading to my door. I put my hand on the knob right when someone knocks. When I open the door my mouth drops.

"Alice?! W-what's all this stuff? I thought you were staying with someone today...unless..." I'm baffled.

"Shawn I'm staying with you." She smiles. "Apparently we didn't know our dads worked together and my dad didn't know I'd been talking to you so..ya." (a/n ik this is not rlly realistic but lets pretend that its like a business that's really international so like her dad has gone on business trips with Shawn's dad and yeah)

"Yeah my dad never told me anyone was staying. He just got home from the store."

"Oh my dad didn't find out where we were staying till today so kinda last minute." She laughs softly, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, and looks down.

"Come on in." I say, opening the door more and motioning her in.

She sets her stuff in the corner and sits down on my bed. I walk and sit down next to her.

"Alice I don't want to ever let you go." I blurt out.

"But you have to...eventually...two weeks actually." She says, looking down at her scarred wrists.

"We'll work something out. I don't want to leave you. I want to be there when you need me (a/n YOU CAN CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE LONELY I'LL BE YOUR TEMPORARY FIX okay same)."

I don't know what this is. But I want it to be something.

--------

A L I C E

I needed him. I don't care anymore. I don't know why I'm stopping myself.

"Shawn I don't want you to be the person I run to. I don't want to have to run. I just want to be with you the whole time. I-I'm tired of keeping myself from you because I can't."

"Don't keep yourself from me. We can see what this is."

I don't know what this means now...does he like me back?

------------------

SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY!!

but can i just say the album is gorgeous and TEMPORARY FIX OMF IT TOTALLY RELATES TO THIS FANFIC WOAH

alsoooo, basically i know they kissed and stuff but they don't realize they have the same feelings for each other. so probably a lot later on they'll start dating.

anyway hope you enjoyed <3 im at a volunteer thingy right now and im literally doing nothing so i'll probs post another chapter soon.

love ya xx