3. Surprise Guest

Amu POV
(Walking home - after school)

I thought things were going to get better when I come home... Not exactly. I open the door to my house expecting a relaxing welcome back from my mom and the twins, but instead I see a fancy lady waiting with my mom at the living room. I rub my eyes to get a clearer vision to make sure it wasn't my imagination, but there was someone here in our house. Why do I feel like it has something to do with Ushijima....

"Are you Amu Kawasaki?" A lady asks me as I take off my shoes and walk to the living room where the two of them sat.

"I am." I say hesitantly, "but who are you?" I question her as I squint my eyes to see who she is. I don't think I ever met her before. How does she know my full name? That just makes me feel even more suspicious.

"I'm an Optometrist that was hired to give you contacts that will give you perfect vision," she happily announces, "shall we start now?" She asks and I turn to my mom with an annoyed look on my face.

"Mom I already told you I don't need contacts or glasses," I whisper to her and I turn to the optometrist. "Thanks for coming here, but we can barely afford to buy contacts so you can just take your leave." I say as I push her away, but she wouldn't budge.

"Amu. You're pushing our house plant," my mom says worryingly. I take a closer look on the person I thought I was pushing and realized that it was indeed a plant. I awkwardly start laughing to break the tension in the air. I probably do need contacts, but I'm not going to admit that now.

"Anyways, I'm not the one who called her, she's the one who came here on her own." My mom tells me and my suspicions begin to rise even higher... If it wasn't my mom then I think I know who did... But I don't want to believe it.... I really don't want to.

I turn to optometrist and quickly clear my throat, "Who's the one who sent you here?" I ask hoping that my guess wouldn't be right.

"Your boyfriend did." She tells me and I frown hearing that.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I bluntly say. I doubt anyone would sent an optometrist for me even if it was my so called boyfriend or friends. Actually what person in the right mind would bring an optometrist here to a friend's home. Wouldn't it be normal for them recommend me to the optometrist, who stays in their office and have their clients come to them?!

"You do have acquaintance of some sort then," she says in confusion, "his name is Ushijima Wakatoshi. He told me to come over here to give you perfect vision." She tells me his exact words and my mind melts from processing all of this.

*Deadpan expression*

I'm so done, I think to myself and massage the sides of my forehead. Does he have a loose screw or something? I try to keep my composure and talk to the lady in front of me. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't need glasses or contacts. Just tell him to cancel the appointment. I can do fine with the eyesight I have right now." I say and she fidgets hearing my words.

"I-I can't I'm sorry. We have to do the appointment." She frantically says. "Ushijima says he'll pay $10,000 for this appointment for your contacts." She fully admits and I felt as if every ounce of my well-being disappears.

$10,000! What's wrong with him! No one ever took notice of me which I thought was okay till the right person would notice me for me like a typical boy living a typical normal life that would make it easy for myself to adjust to... Yet of all people to notice me it had to Ushijima. I'm not even that valuable. $10,000! For god's sake, I'm just a regular human being. My mom faints hearing that amount of zeros and I would do the same if it wasn't me.. But it's me. $10,000 can buy thousands of things and I doubt contacts is even worth the price.