37. First date

Amu POV
(Next Saturday)

Right now I'm waiting for Wakatoshi near a water fountain in the park. I can't believe I'm going on a date with him today. I take in a deep breath and exhale out to keep myself calm.

A few days ago, Shikamaru told us to go on a date since Wakatoshi and I have never gone on a date before, even though we have been dating for quite some time already.

I did notice Shikamaru acting a little anxious when he suggested us to go on a date, but I didn't question it because I really want to go on a date with Wakatoshi.

I will not want to let this opportunity slip away from me.

Wakatoshi also thought that it was a good idea for us to go on a date and started talking about how his friendship books mention about where to go on a perfect date.

...

I know he has those friendship books, but I hope he's still not reading those books.

Anyways even though I barely know Shikamaru, I give him credit for making this relationship happen.

His job is to be a butler for Wakatoshi, but at the same time, he's a love advisor trying to help out our relationship like a fairy godmother. Thank god this man exists.

I decided to tell my parents about my date with Wakatoshi today. My mom is always happy to hear anything about Waatoshi while my dad tried to hold in his mixed feelings about Wakatoshi when he heard about me going on date with him today.

Besides my parents, I also told the girls volleyball team about our date because it was on the same day as volleyball practice. I thought they would say no, but they told me to go ahead and ditch a day to enjoy my date with Wakatoshi.

Seki especially had a wide grin on her face when she heard about it. She told me to give her all the juicy details on how the date goes, but personally I'm not sure what's going to happen today. Maybe playing volleyball in the gym for our first date? Who knows?

I doublecheck my clothes again. I didn't wear anything to crazy. Just a red plaid flannel, blue jeans, and boots with my pigtail braids.

...

Maybe I should've tried more, but I didn't want to go over the top over my first date.

"Amu," I hear my name and I turn around knowing that Wakatoshi called out to me, but my mouth drops to the ground when I see him come over.

....

I didn't know he had style. Heck I never saw him wearing such causal clothes to begin with till today! He's so good looking! I mean I always knew that, but sometimes I forget since I'm always around him.

All the girls in the park are sneaking glances and checking him out, some of them can't even take their eyes off of him.

He could be a model if he wants to right now.

"Is something wrong?" Wakatoshi asks me as I stand there dumbstruck that the guy in front of me is my boyfriend.

"N-Nothing... um nice clothes," I stammer patting my pink cheeks and he tilts his head.

"Thanks?" He says a little confused and I swear I want to face palm myself for sounding so lame.

Out of the the corner of my eye, I notice the basket in his hand.